2015 summer transfer rumors thread

Franco Baldini, Spurs' Technical Director, is responsible for player recruitment. He spent the money that they got for Bale.

I doubt Levy would hand the cheque book over to anyone and let them do what they wanted to buy players whilst he just did sales.

• Replies 981
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rumblings Benteke to Liverpool is finally close to happening.

I want him to stay, but if he does go, I'd rather it was sooner than later so we have time to spend money on a replacement (or, more likely, two replacements as we are short of cover up front).

My main concern is the possibility of someone finally meeting his release clause on the last day before the deadline closes and leaving us with nobody in his place or, even worse, some rubbish Liverpool cast-off like Borini.

Blind was one of their best players last season .

Blind played very well at left back in United's best spell of the season not sure that was enough to make him one of their best players but whatever, anyway we were talking about midfield and whenever he played there he was exposed for a lack of pace and movement. He should be nothing more than a good back up player.

Quite why its been a year and LVG still hasn't replaced Jones is astonishing. I thought he would've been punted to someone like Blackburn or Leeds back in January there.

I want him to stay, but if he does go, I'd rather it was sooner than later so we have time to spend money on a replacement (or, more likely, two replacements as we are short of cover up front).

My main concern is the possibility of someone finally meeting his release clause on the last day before the deadline closes and leaving us with nobody in his place or, even worse, some rubbish Liverpool cast-off like Borini.

Could Lambert or Borini be part of the deal BWV? Don't think Liverpool are having too much luck moving them on with their wages.

You watch him every week is Benteke worth it?

If he stays fit, easily. He scores about one in two, playing for us, and we're, mostly, shit.

He does plenty off the ball too meaning that even if he doesn't score he's still a nightmare to play against (unlike, say, a Bent).

Blind played very well at left back in United's best spell of the season not sure that was enough to make him one of their best players but whatever, anyway we were talking about midfield and whenever he played there he was exposed for a lack of pace and movement. He should be nothing more than a good back up player.

I think he's a good versatile option for them for sure .

Utd didn't have a lot of high performing outfield players was very much a transitional season after the awful season they were recovering from

Following Raheem Sterling's move, I'm surprised Man City haven't made an offer to Everton for John Stones as well. Looks a decent prospect and City are trying to fill their home-grown quota.

Central defence is where they're weakest too.

If they put all the overhyped English youngsters into one team, they might do as well as they managed in the European U21 championship!

Stones looks nothing special to me, far too error prone and his good games are few and far between. Him and Kompany would be a partnership gifting goals to the opposition every other game.

Quite why its been a year and LVG still hasn't replaced Jones is astonishing. I thought he would've been punted to someone like Blackburn or Leeds back in January there.

Jones and Smalling are the utility players who don't mind being back ups. All teams need the odd Wes Brown / John O'Shea type contributors.

Although Jones' early career does seem a bit similar to Stones, has Ray Wilkins called Stones a "Rolls Royce of a player" yet? Watch this space!

Never a truer word spoken. Both detestable little shits in every way.

Did you see his interview on SSN. The little w**k can't even speak properly

:thumsup2 Never saw it, i can imagine though. f**k the pair of them

'Worth' is the key word here Throbs. If comparing Vidal and Sterling, I think it's better to say Sterling 'cost' £49m.

Your hatred for Sterling is actually quite embarrassing tbh.

The laddie is only 20 years old ffs and will go on to be a successful part of Man City's team for years to come.

Archived