Saints v Celtic 15/5/15

Th Fermers shouldn't get too carried away as that was no where near a full strength Celtic team.

What about the one at park head the other month? Was that a full Celtic team?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Th Fermers shouldn't get too carried away as that was not where near a full strength Celtic team.

Nonetheless, it was a starting XI which should be comfortably winning against wee clubs like St. Johnstone. Just accept that we've got the measure of Celtic now.

Yeah you're right, tonights game was played at parkhead the other month.....my mistake.

So we've managed to beat your first team and dominant your reserves in the space of two months?

Cool.

Argument lost, so resort to picking out typing errors :lol:

For the record, we were missing two of our regular back four, one of our first picks in midfield and our joint top goalscorer tonight.

We have a much smaller squad too - indeed, we only run with 6 senior defenders.

Rather than complaining about it, we just got on with it and dominated (;)) the match.

Well played St Johnstone, and unlucky on not taking the points.

I genuinely don't know if Wright is the type to exaggerate, or whoever from the BBC witnessed the match a) guessed or b) can't count. I'd be most naturally inclined to lean towards the "BBC don't know what they're talking about" option.

"To make 23 attempts against the best team in the country, tonight we showed..." said Wright.

kHkHdbK.png... said the BBC.

Either way, everything suggests you'd have been worthy of the win. Hope you get 4th - but sorry, I don't hope you get Europe as that would mean Caley won the Scottish Cup, they wouldn't handle that very well and... either would we :(

Aye, correct me if I'm wrong, but is it a tenner entry?

Correct. Tenner for adults and a fiver for concessions. Hopefully get a decent crowd in, with it (injury today forbidding) being Russell Anderson's final game, and with Saints on the push for another European qualification.

I watched the game back last night and I'm sure after about 30 minutes, BT Sport flashed up we'd had 13 attempts so clearly that figure of 16 attempts isn't going to tally in with that. Saints were excellent last night and showed a wider audience that we can play a bit. Easton struggled against the pace of Forrest but other than that, no complaints. Neither the team nor Scobbie deserved to be punished for his mistake late on. Surreal scenes as the East Stand celebrated the resultant miss like a goal!

Shame the season is ending for Davidson, who we can hopefully claim is back to his best. He's come a long way since failing to even make the bench in January and his two-year deal looks a great bit of business now. With him and Millar we look really strong in the middle of the park.

You went to the game then went home and watched it again? A nil-nil draw?

Understandable considering some of the dross we've sat through this season! Might have finished 0-0 but it was ridiculously entertaining.

23 attempts and no goal. Ouch. The sooner the English fourth division and Conference announce their freed lists the better.

They already have, Im sure.

Archived