People who leave before full time

I can kinda understand leaving early if your team's getting pumped, but those "traffic" types are c***s. Still not as bad as the sizeable number fuckers in the George Fox that wait at the exits for about 10 minutes until the game is over, blocking the view of the match. Either sit down or f**k off please.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've left early once. When we were getting pumped off Hibs years ago at McD. Jim Leighton was in goals for Hibs that day so mid 90's.

Sat through some shite since but always manage to stick it out.

I leave on 88 mins every week unless it's a cliffhanger - in which case I am probably the last person to leave my seat as I wait for the stairs to clear.

I take 4 kids with me, all under 9, and I sit in the back row of the coxy. I usually have another adult with me but I just don't feel safe trying to get 4 kids aged 3, 6, 9 and 9 down the busy stairwell at full time after some steaming arsehole trampled on my 5 year old 4 years ago.

The back row was convenient for me because there is space behind the seats for them to expend some energy if they got bored when they were all younger and now it's just where we have sat for 7 years.

The aforementioned incident is the closest I have ever come to wanting to murder someone so I'd rather leave 2 mins early and be safe than risk my kids on those stairs and end up in jail. If that makes me scum I'll accept it.

Meadow were playing Bathgate in Scottish, and were losing 2 - 1 with time as good as up.

One person in group left for pub.

Meadow scored in 90th and 93rd min to win,

when we all got to pub celebrating he assumed we were taking piss....

Bad idea to leave early.

Only times I've left early are games i have gone to in England when I have to get back to rail station For a specific train back up to Scotland. Games at Goodison and Bramell lane i left in 85 minute. It is something i generally hate. Never leave Celtic games early or games i am staying over night for.

Can never understand the fascination over whether people leave the ground early or not. I don't know everyones personal circumsatnces so tend not to judge.

As long as they've made the effort to turn up then fair play to them.

I was actually thinking of a specific game. If Oldco are pumping you 3-0 in the first 30 minutes and their scumbag following are celebrating by singing their party songs then I believe it is OK to leave before you do something silly. Supporting Killie, I'd say everyone should definitely stay to the end every week - just to BOOOOOOOOO!

I used to leave and come back in those circumstances.

only time i recall was a game in the 2nd division where one of the guys had to be back in Nairn by a certain time (cant remember the reason) so we all left at the 85th min to ensure we got the bus back to bus station to get the train (Invernessians will know what i mean)

we had just climbed on the bus and a loud yaaaas went up as we scored to make it 2-1 at the end of the game (IIRC)

the same guy managed to silence a huge number of people with a shout of 'sub the ref' at one game.

I leave early if the game is shite and/ or the weather is terrible. I stayed til the end of the 6-6 game because even though we were 6-2 down it wasn't a fair refection of an entertaining game and genuinely thought we could turn it around.

I've probably left before FT about 50% of our games this season for a variety of reasons, mainly cos we've been gettign pumped.

Left a Killie-Rangers game in 2010 after 5 mins, was walking out gates as Rangers scored the 3rd.

Archived