Teams you wouldn't miss if they merged

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seeing as the central belt fans have such a hatred for the Angus 4, lets have a look and see what Central Belt and other clubs should merge.

2. Motherwell and Hamilton.

That would just wind up being Motherwell, so what's the point? There are too many senior level SPFL clubs no question, but the best way to address that is to have two national divisions and a regional pyramid for the rest and let clubs find their natural level. All clubs should be missed as a loss to the game and none should be forced to merge to fit some masterplan imposed from above.

That would just wind up being Motherwell, so what's the point? There are too many senior level SPFL clubs no question, but the best way to address that is to have two national divisions and a regional pyramid for the rest and let clubs find their natural level. All clubs should be missed as a loss to the game and none should be forced to merge to fit some masterplan imposed from above.

I think you missed the fact i wasnt being serious. I mentioned a whole host of teams that should be merged regardless if people like it or not.

• 2 weeks later...

Thought provoking thread and one that I have had thoughts on for a while.

Could the way forward for the game in Scotland be one big league with;

Rangers and Celtic in Glasgow

Hearts and Hibs in Edinburgh

1 team only in;

Aberdeen and NE,

Inverness and NW

Dundee,

Fife,

Falkirk/Stirlingshire

Ayrshire,

Perth,

Angus,

Lanarkshire

Dumfries & Galloway

All other clubs become non-league feeder clubs to the big team of their area.

Take it another step further to Wallace Mercers idea and perhaps only 1 big team in Edinburgh, would that be enough to see off the OF? or further yet and 1 Glasgow team? Would that be potent enough to challenge the big boys in England and Europe?

I suppose it'd be a bit like what Scottish Rugby Union did with Glasgow & Edinburgh or what RRFC, DAFC, EFFC & CFC have done with the Fife Elite Youth set-up....... is that the beginning of the end?

Personally I hope not! I'd hate this and wouldn't want to see Clyde, Forfar East Fife or the Pars disappear never mind my own team (shudders!). But sadly the days of 10,000 attending games at Starks Park are but memories never mind the 20-30,000 bunnet brigades of my fathers years, and something radical is required to reverse the trends else some of our clubs are gonna disappear anyway.

I doubt I'd be able to support a Fife amalgamation if there were no Raith Rovers as I'd end up watching a local junior side like Kirkcaldy YM, but with each new generation of fan that goes to watch ICT it shows that this could eventually work.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Seeing as the central belt fans have such a hatred for the Angus 4, lets have a look and see what Central Belt and other clubs should merge.

1. Airdrie and Albion.

2. Motherwell and Hamilton.

3. Raith, Dunfermline, East Fife and Cowdenbeath

4. Morton, Dumbarton and St.Mirren

5. Partick and Queens Park

6. Ayr and Killie

7. Livi and Hearts

8. Falkirk, East Stirling and Stenny

9. Alloa and Stirling

10. Angus 4.

11. Stranraer, QoTs and Annan

12. Ross County, Inverness and Elgin.