http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32703107

Giuy Ireland you mooching little toerags. Maybe serves them right for sending people over to Scotland to poach 15 year old boys.

Can't wait for the day and irish born and raised player with irish parents chooses to play for scotland.

Then we will see how tolerant they are

The Scottish bitterness towards Ireland is hilarious. If some young English player kept his options open and turned down a Scotland call-up, absolutely nae c**t over there would be getting all excited about it.

No bitterness towards Ireland, I have Irish family and visit every year. I am pro-Scottish, not anti-Irish and would have the same opinion no matter what country was involved. Suspect you wouldn't though.

No bitterness towards Ireland, I have Irish family and visit every year. I am pro-Scottish, not anti-Irish and would have the same opinion no matter what country was involved. Suspect you wouldn't though.

^^^ I'm not racist because I have a black mate type post IMO

We're not better off without a good player that's daft. Its Ireland's fault for poaching 15 year old Scottish kids, he didn't go to them did he they came to him.

If he's Scottish then he should only want to play for Scotland and he obviously didnae. He could have changed his mind before his first senior cap. And if you're suggesting that countries shouldn't appraoch players with links through grandparents then you can wave goodbye to a few key players in our squad.

We're not better off without a good player that's daft. Its Ireland's fault for poaching 15 year old Scottish kids, he didn't go to them did he they came to him.

How dare they approach players that are eligible to play for them and ask them to play. I hope this scurrilous practice is stamped out by big Sepp.

I mean, it'll mean we lose pretty much our whole squad, but still, something must be done.

The Scottish bitterness towards Ireland is hilarious. If some young English player kept his options open and turned down a Scotland call-up, absolutely nae c**t over there would be getting all excited about it.

If he was born and bred in scotland with scottish parents and chose to play for england he would get 100 times the abuse.

Nothing anti-irish at all. I have always got on great with people I have met from the republic

• 3 weeks later...

That's just not true. McGeady is a good player and of course we'd want him turning a shift for Scotland rather than ROI but to suggest it's all prejudice against Ireland is just plane wrong. Of course there are always fringe idiots on both sides but the majority of fellow Scots I know would support Ireland over England and other nations any day of the week. We have a lot in common not least we're both Celtic nations.

That's just not true. McGeady is a good player and of course we'd want him turning a shift for Scotland rather than ROI but to suggest it's all prejudice against Ireland is just plane wrong.

It's all up in the air now.

Archived