The 56 in Westminster!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent maiden speeches from Brendan O'Hara and Stephen Gethins last night. Confident, respectful and strong. And all warmly received by the smattering of other MPs who were there.

The only show in town commanding a Commons majority and we're not even in June yet.

Is there anywhere you can find these speeches?

I only caught them on the BBC's live online parliament feed. They might show up on a facebook page or through twitter. Well worth keeping an eye out for. Jacob Rees-Mogg, the Tory MP was talking straight after O Hara's speech and was gushing about it.

I only caught them on the BBC's live online parliament feed. They might show up on a facebook page or through twitter. Well worth keeping an eye out for. Jacob Rees-Mogg, the Tory MP was talking straight after O Hara's speech and was gushing about it.

I actually listened to the Reece-Mogg speech and he was indeed very complimentary to O'Hara and the SNP contingent in general.

We'll see how long that lasts though...

On another note, Salmond looks absolutely beaming and certainly has a spring in his step. He's upto something I'm sure of it 8)

Jacob Rees-Mogg is always straight talking. His program (for the BBC I think) around the referendum was a good watch.

Jacob Rees-Mogg is always straight talking. His program (for the BBC I think) around the referendum was a good watch.

My wife, who's a bit of a politics/ history geek says Rees-Mogg really knows his stuff and is a bit of an expert on the history of Westminster and it's traditions.

Mincing out of the Chamber, Fat Eck hasn't taken long to master ' The Mandelson' fair play !! Ha Ha

Excellent. We can now add homphobic and sizeist to your existing traits of misogyny and being a far right bigot.

Excellent. We can now add homphobic and sizeist to your existing traits of misogyny and being a far right bigot.

Ha ha, the amount of shiite and stick you dish out on here then all of a sudden become the sensitive offended one !! The very worst sort Snidey, on yer way.

Archived