The 56 in Westminster!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not that it will ever happen but on a straight Yes/No vote across the UK., the monarchy would be favoured by a f*ckin huge margin.

You are correct but only down south.

I dinnae think there is the same slavishness up here except from folk like you.

When Mrs Windsor dies which royal erse are ye gonnae kiss?

Rather ironic that you speak about voting and the Royals in the same post. -_-

:lol: :lol: :thumsup2

Not that it will ever happen but on a straight Yes/No vote across the UK., the monarchy would be favoured by a f*ckin huge margin.

100% correct.

Which I absolutely do not understand.

Saw some survey prior to the Referendum, asking people in Scotland what their favoured head of state would be and a Monarchy was quite comfortably the most popular option. The level of support is a decent amount lower than in England but they still have a reasonably comfortable majority of support up here as well.

Fries my tattie.

just more hopeless shite, I'm good with the constitution just exactly as it is thanks It's not arse licking at all, it's my choice.

just more hopeless shite, I'm good with the constitution just exactly as it is thanks It's not arse licking at all, it's my choice.

What constitution would that be then?

In my experience some burds like them because they think the royal babies/weddings are cute and Sevco fans because most of them are brainwashed morons

Yer normal person will see them for what they are though

The Constitution Of The United Kingdom, Our Queen is Head of State.

I'm well aware the Queen Elizabeth of Scotland and Queen Elizabeth II of England is Head of state

Are you able to show me this constitution?

I'd imagine once Lizzie goes, support for the monarchy will take a noticeable drop. Still likely to be a majority in favour, but a fair bit less in my opinion.

I'd imagine once Lizzie goes, support for the monarchy will take a noticeable drop. Still likely to be a majority in favour, but a fair bit less in my opinion.

Who's due to take over lizzies post?

She can't be that far away from popping the clogs now

It will go up again once Willie & Kate are in

Who's due to take over lizzies post?

She can't be that far away from popping the clogs now

She could go on for a wee while yet if she's anything like her mother.

Might even see off Charlie.

I'm well aware the Queen Elizabeth of Scotland and Queen Elizabeth II of England is Head of state

Are you able to show me this constitution?

Get over yourself mate, the Monarchy and it's place within the constitution of the Union will be fairly low on the list of priorities, come an independent Scotland.

For those who want to see "the 56" in their seats for the first time, the House of Commons meets for the first time at 2.30pm tomorrow to elect the speaker. It's live on BBC Parliament.

It also sets the arcane tone for the next 5 years. The first officially recorded words will be Black Rod summoning the commons to the House of Lords...

It also sets the arcane tone for the next 5 years. The first officially recorded words will be Black Rod summoning the commons to the House of Lords...

I thought this was done at the Queens speech? I'm sure the tradition is that the door is slammed in his face beforehands.

I thought this was done at the Queens speech? I'm sure the tradition is that the door is slammed in his face beforehands.

It's done a few times - during the Queen's Speech is the most notable because that's the one most people watch.

But he's basically dispatched whenever the Commons are required in the Lords: at the meeting of a new Parliament; the Speaker's approbation; State Opening; Prorogation.

The door is slammed in his face on all occasions.

Archived