• Created
  • Last Reply

SNP committee at WM announced

Leader: Angus Robertson

Deputy: Stuart Hosie

Secretary: Eilidh Whiteford

Executive Committee: Pete Wishart and Kirsten Oswald

Fuzzy must be seething :(

Honestly, keep your eye on her. No brains just cold, calculating opportunist. Only joined the SNP last June.

She could shite on my front doorstep and she'd still be a hero tbh.

Turfing out Murphy ffs. :lol:

I think the SNP did that, have you watched her speaking? She isn't exactly a political or intellectual heavyweight, or an impressive speaker at all.

Fair doos but they dinnae need tae be raging republicans.

That woman is the FIRST Elizabeth of the UK.

Even a raging royalist would have tae agree and accept that

The oath doesn't actually mention the monarch's number.

They either swear:

"I [name] swear by Almighty God that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, her heirs and successors, according to law. So help me God."

Or affirm:

"I [name] do solemnly, sincerely and truly declare and affirm that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, her heirs and successors according to law".

Not taking the oath means they can't take their seats. And we don't want that. Even the staunch republican Dennis Skinner takes the oath, although he is given a bit of leeway when it comes to (lack of) clarity:

The oath doesn't actually mention the monarch's number.

They either swear:

"I [name] swear by Almighty God that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, her heirs and successors, according to law. So help me God."

Or affirm:

"I [name] do solemnly, sincerely and truly declare and affirm that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, her heirs and successors according to law".

Not taking the oath means they can't take their seats. And we don't want that. Even the staunch republican Dennis Skinner takes the oath, although he is given a bit of leeway when it comes to (lack of) clarity:

Fair enough.

It still makes my blood boil that a Republican would still have to say the oath to get in to parliament.

Fair enough.

It still makes my blood boil that a Republican would still have to say the oath to get in to parliament.

Me too, he should just say I've been elected by my constituents so ram it I'm here. I hate the UK's archaic, disgusting ways.

SNP committee at WM announced

Leader: Angus Robertson

Deputy: Stuart Hosie

Secretary: Eilidh Whiteford

Executive Committee: Pete Wishart and Kirsten Oswald

Fuzzy must be seething :(

Presumably a "shadow cabinet" will be appointed in due course?

Me too, he should just say I've been elected by my constituents so ram it I'm here. I hate the UK's archaic, disgusting ways.

You'd think that this would be an opportunity for Skinner to rebel. It's about time someone did.

Fair enough.

Leanne Wood was once kicked out the Welsh assembly for referring to the queen as Mrs Windsor

:wub:

Leanne Wood was once kicked out the Welsh assembly for referring to the queen as Mrs Windsor

:wub:

I remember Mr G Adams being interviewed by BBC before Lizs state visit to Ireland. He was asked for his thoughts. His reply was as follows.

'As a European Citizen Mrs Windsor is free to come and go as she pleases' :lol:

Not even Farage would dispute that as she scores highly on the Australian points based system' :lol:

I remember Mr G Adams being interviewed by BBC before Lizs state visit to Ireland. He was asked for his thoughts. His reply was as follows.

'As a European Citizen Mrs Windsor is free to come and go as she pleases' :lol:

Not even Farage would dispute that as she scores highly on the Australian points based system' :lol:

Does Farage realise we already have an Australian points system?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Points-based_immigration_system_%28United_Kingdom%29

Archived