Mhairi Black appreciation thread

Mr Bairn

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anything but bitter.

Praise is due where praise is due.

I think that was a pretty good summary. It sounded quite cliched as a speech. Little originality, wit or great insight in it. I guess asking for these things in a maiden speech is a bit of an ask.

I've heard much more impressive speeches from student debaters when I was younger. But they weren't under the spotlight like black. It was a speech in front of her own MPs and a handful of others so it was an easy crowd, but she will have known people like oaksoft would have been queuing up to slate her if she duffed it which she certainly didnt.

As you say some clown types have gone a bit silly season on the quality of it. It was OK. Solid 6.5 out if 10.

Can you summarise? Did Cook defend the BBC bias? Or deny it existed?

I am sure it will come as a massive surprise when i say no, he didn't admit the BBC was biased etc. He did say that the feeling was that the Yes side had to make the case far more that the status quo did and that there should have been a greater examination of what the No side were 'offering'. Some good stuff in terms of electioneering, the youth debate at the hydro nearly not taking place and a good anecdote or two.

Not saying it will change any minds but I found him to be genuine and I think it is well worth a listen. Stuff about Gordon Browns BigotGate interesting too.

I am sure it will come as a massive surprise when i say no, he didn't admit the BBC was biased etc. He did say that the feeling was that the Yes side had to make the case far more that the status quo did and that there should have been a greater examination of what the No side were 'offering'. Some good stuff in terms of electioneering, the youth debate at the hydro nearly not taking place and a good anecdote or two.

Not saying it will change any minds but I found him to be genuine and I think it is well worth a listen. Stuff about Gordon Browns BigotGate interesting too.

He's still employed by the BBC so unlikely to say they're biased.

And the solid "6.5" is still being discussed by the unionist....nice

Fixed for you.

I only caught part of the speech so didn't find time to watch the whole thing until last night - hence the lateness of the response.

BTW the most negative response here has actually been from a nationalist.

Fixed for you.

I only caught part of the speech so didn't find time to watch the whole thing until last night - hence the lateness of the response.

BTW the most negative response here has actually been from a nationalist.

Yes, but he's an ageist seethe merchant.

The last three pages is just a circle-jerk of "look how seething..."

"Yeah he's totally seething"

"Foaming, raging, seething"

I doubt anyone is actually that bothered at all. Also I'm still laughing at her made up tramp story. :lol:

The last three pages is just a circle-jerk of "look how seething..." "Yeah he's totally seething" "Foaming, raging, seething" I doubt anyone is actually that bothered at all. Also I'm still laughing at her made up tramp story. :lol:

I'm still laughing at the team you support, teebs.

Archived