Mhairi Black appreciation thread

Mr Bairn

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As much as I have said my word on this thread , she is spot on about labour , the snps rise in Scotland at present can go two ways for labour , either a slow lingering death or gradually reforming itself to something of is original value

In my opinion it'll be the first choice, I just can't see them pulling out this rut.

In my opinion it'll be the first choice, I just can't see them pulling out this rut.

The mistake I think Scottish labour are actually making is not working with the snp on certain issues , for now it is their only chance of regaining popularity in Scotland and winning back voters , they will obviously never side with the Tories as that would be the nail in the coffin but right now they are floating about in a hopeless no mans land looking like they are short of ideas on how to actually move forward as a party ,

The mistake I think Scottish labour are actually making is not working with the snp on certain issues , for now it is their only chance of regaining popularity in Scotland and winning back voters , they will obviously never side with the Tories as that would be the nail in the coffin but right now they are floating about in a hopeless no mans land looking like they are short of ideas on how to actually move forward as a party ,

It's all and fine having an SNPBAAAD message but you also need to have an alternative vision.

Labour just don't have that.

They have no raison d'etre.

I'd suggest that's because they are. There's no point to them whatsoever.

^^^This.

There are many old dinosaur MP's with years or even decades of political experience than Mhairi who could only dream of being able to deliver a speech like that.

Trying to imagine myself or anyone I know having to do that 3 year ago when we were 20, not a chance... :lol:

Trying to imagine myself or anyone I know having to do that 3 year ago when we were 20, not a chance... :lol:

There's very few in the HoC would could deliver anything near as powerful as that, and fewer that would.

Labour will be blaming her for stealing their ideas while arguing amongst themselves about which of the Tory welfare cuts to oppose, if any, so as to not frighten off the middle classes.

Labour will be blaming her for stealing their ideas while arguing amongst themselves about which of the Tory welfare cuts to oppose, if any, so as to not frighten off the middle classes.

All the while jim murphy will be posing outside the parliment with a can of irn bru

Don't forget the Scotland top and Crate.

I still think the most bizzare thing I have ever witnessed and probably ever will witness from a political point of view was jim murphy and a Fully cross dressed eddy Izzard just appearing for some reason , entering st Enoch square and being shouted at by some angry nationalists , then followed by jim giving a speech whilst eddy stands behind him in the most unconvincing drag costume ever ,It really was one of those WTF is this all about moments

Archived