Sign in to follow this  
Mr Bairn

Mhairi Black appreciation thread

The point I was making , many politicians have been voted in on the basis of nothing more than the party they are with and have been found out to be out of their depth , how often did it happen with labour here in Scotland ? My point is I think a few of the snp MPs will also fall into this category over the years as the reality is some of them were voted in on nothing more than the basis they were the snp candidate

As much as I hate to admit you are correct on that point.

For many years a statue could win a seat in Scotland as long as it was wearing a red rosette.

I myself was a regular Labour voter and a Labour member but will never vote for them since their illegal invasion of Iraq when Bush told them to.

Don't really see any praise in what is mainly quotes from herself or SNP members.

We all know the Record would rather have a platic Red as MP.

You really should get a life or a job where you can't be on the internet 24/7.

Edited by pccabe

Naw bit wings ower Scotland said rat the sun nd daily recurd and every mainstream media ootlet is pyoor anti essenpee m8 Edited by forever_blue

Naw bit wings ower Scotland said rat the sun nd daily recurd is pyoor anti essenpee m8

The Daily Record is a Labour paper and the Sun originally backed SNP to keep the Tory party in.

Something which was admitted by their editors.

I think she comes across quite well tbh.

She sounds a bit thick but quite well intentioned.

I'd bet she'll be a useful constituency MP especially whilst still in the honeymoon period.

She doesn't thick at all to me. She's got a pretty strong accent but that isn't indicative of a lack of intelligence in my book.

Forgetting party politics for a second if I was choosing between her and Alexander a few months ago, I'd be plucking for the slightly rough around the edges candidate over a dead-eyed roboto politician every day of the week.

I have no issues with Mairi Black. Good luck to her. Probably not ideal having career politicians rather than those who have been in the workplace first, but would rather have that than someone who views it as a part time gig between directorships.

Much rather have Black as my MP than the 'spin-a-party' candidate the SNP put up in Perthshire.

Am I Labour this year? Or a Tory? Oops.. SNP might be the bandwagon to join.. Let's try them.

My money would be on her being the first defection from the SNP to the Tories.

Hope she's remembering which side of the house to sit on.

I would take you up on this. In fact I would put my money on no SNP MPs defecting to the Tories in this parliament.

I would take you up on this. In fact I would put my money on no SNP MPs defecting to the Tories in this parliament.

I think it was tongue in cheek chief, chill out

Ironic, given her legendary drinking, her party has decimated the pub trade (food and drink) with their savage reduction in the alcohol limit, pubs being shut down every week thanks to gnat interfering dogma..They're going after woman rights next, at least being a lesbian Ms Bleck won't need to worry about unwanted pregnancy. Dungarees at the ready.

Edited by Pete's Frontier

I'd be absolutely raging if my constituency was represented by some vile nationalist junkie who's only just out short trousers.

I'd be absolutely raging if my constituency was represented by some vile nationalist junkie who's only just out short trousers.

Aye

I suppose if you're looking from the vantage of Ferguslie Park and blotto on a cocktail of fortified wine and jellies Ms Bleck is quite appealing. Only just mind.