Sign in to follow this  
Mr Bairn

Mhairi Black appreciation thread

future snp leader and first minister of Scotland ??

Without a shadow of a doubt she is destined to become the President of the Independent Republic of Scotland and Kingsley will be her partner.

future snp leader and first minister of Scotland ??

She'll certainly be a leader in some field. There are plenty of them in Paisley and Renfrewshire South, She'll fit right in.

I truly believe she has mental health issues

I just find it utterly amazing she is a professor at Edinburgh university.

The sad thing is she's pretty influential.

I'm sure I seen this woman's twitter in the Dundee courier after she tweeted about the aeroplane drunk from Dundee saying what can you expect from somebody from a city that voted yes. They're clearly stupid, or something along those lines

What a fucking boot

I just find it utterly amazing she is a professor at Edinburgh university.

The sad thing is she's pretty influential.

She must be retired surely.

Good to see a person with a rounded life experience in the mother of parliaments.

I would imagine that she has a much better grip on life than some of the Eton mess.

Jill Stephenson is an Emeritus Professor. Edinburgh Uni have distanced themselves from her on several occasions.

Whilst Blair McDougall et al call for a crackdown on cybernats whilst not recognising the far worse abuse that comes from the Unionist side they cannot and will not be taken seriously. It's all to do with silencing SNP supporters.

I would imagine that she has a much better grip on life than some of the Eton mess.[/quot

Yawn ; Eton !!! Bullingdon !!! Any more cliches ??

I would imagine that she has a much better grip on life than some of the Eton mess.[/quot

Yawn ; Eton !!! Bullingdon !!! Any more cliches ??

Do you deny that a large contingent of the Conservative front bench are privately educated spivs with little or no experience of what the vast majority of people have to go through?

They went to public schools as I understand ( why are they called that ????) but they seek a mandate and get same . Not my cup of tea to be honest but my point is that a young student has no life experience as yet albeit likeable and irreverent. The irish and British states are paying for the largesse of populist governments from the turn of the millennium and not the action of Tory toffs.

They went to public schools as I understand ( why are they called that ????) but they seek a mandate and get same . Not my cup of tea to be honest but my point is that a young student has no life experience as yet albeit likeable and irreverent. The irish and British states are paying for the largesse of populist governments from the turn of the millennium and not the action of Tory toffs.

This is quite clearly bollocks. And who mentioned the Irish?

The British (Tory) Government have an ideological austerity driven agenda as an excuse to squash the welfare state and ensure the lower classes remain a political punchbag.

I repeat - the elitist toffs in the Tory cabinet know f**k all about "life". Do you think Oliver Letwin, Ian Duncan Smith, Jeremy Hunt, Anna Soubry or Boris Johnson have EVER wanted for anything, much less ever faced any real struggles in life?

Books have to be balanced . Governments in the period from 2000 to 2008 worked on the assumption that borrowed money could be used for current expenditure . The welfare state is under pressure because the assumptions on which it was based are becoming more and more obsolete .