Mhairi Black appreciation thread

Mr Bairn

It would be nice if she started getting involved instead of sitting back taking the taxpayers money for doing very little. The same could be said for the party. They are 'the only show in town' after all.

Out of curiosity, with a majority Tory government, what is it you're expecting them to do? Outside of turn up, debate and vote on bills, there's not much they CAN do. So... tell us all what the problem with the SNP is in this regard.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I expect them to do nothing, which is what they are delivering. The reason I asked was to see what the supporters of the SNP felt they were doing. For months we have read about how they will revolutionise politics in Westminster. They haven't and won't.

They are impotent, and the silence from the fan boys when the question was asked shows they know it too.

You're quite the clown. I do hope you're aware of that. Perhaps that may be a contributing factor as to why so few people respond to your mewling unionism.

I bet you voted Labour, didn't you? I can feel the rage from here.

You're quite the clown. I do hope you're aware of that. Perhaps that may be a contributing factor as to why so few people respond to your mewling unionism.

I bet you voted Labour, didn't you? I can feel the rage from here.

The irony in that last sentence is tremendous

I'm a clown? Yet you post you bet I voted labour 2 minutes after I post I voted conservative. OK THEN.

Still waiting on your answer to my question on what the SNP have achieved so far in Westminster...

It didn't even cross your mind that we may have been typing at the same time?

You've had an answer on the SNP at Westminster. Which you've failed to address.

Do you type with one finger?

You avoided the SNP question because it hurts, your hero's have delivered nothing because they can deliver nothing.

All your bravado and bluster about revolution and changing politics can't change that.

I can taste your rage. :D

Contrary to your plagiarised patter I am rage free. My hero's (sic) are performing admirably well under expected levels of opposition from 594* MPs.

Well on the way to showing how necessary Indyref2 is, which is surely the raison d'etre of my hero's (sic)?

*minus those in Plaid Cymru and a few select others.

Not for this thread mate, but I like the benefits cap for one.

Has that actually been implemented? Not being facetious - I'm genuinely not aware that it has. Anything else - I mean unlike Labour they have the wherewithal to implement anything they want. I'm just trying to drive at what you'd expect by way of a list of SNP achievement in 2 months if we can set that against the party England voted for.

We're not daft. Labour have sold the jerseys down south by trying to out-tory the tories. And everyone was well aware that if that happened the SNP would not of itself be in a position to drive change in government policy. What they can do - and are doing - is express the contempt of the majority of people in this country for the policies you and the very few others who think like you seem keen on.

They can - and will - expose every word which shows the pre referendum assurances to be the nonsense that many of us knew they would be. They will not sit on their hands and abstain or vote with the government as Labour may be minded to do.

In terms of expressing an opposition voice, they're doing a fantastic job and will continue to do so throughout the parliament. If you expect more then obviously you've a different coloured view of how FPP politics works. I don't think you do, I think you're trolling for a wee bite. I'm very happy with the SNP performance, I'll look forward to ac significant majority in this country showing that they feel the same way at the 2016 election and I will trust them to judge when to go for the next referendum because Scotland will never be the same again - the union is a dead duck.

Sadly a Govt with a majority doesn't have to give an inch to the opposition benches SNP Labour or whatever.Five years griping and crying from the margins is all that's ahead.Anyone promising anything else is a bit of a fibber.

Indy ref 2 is all you care about. Screw the country, you're almost desperate for society to collapse so you can point and demand another referendum.

Since you're interested in discussing matters like an adult, let's, shall we?

What the SNP surge is showing is that Westminster simply isn't working for us. The SNP have an unprecedented mandate given to them by the people of Scotland. And what that mandate included was to make good on Gordon Brown promising us "as close to home rule as it's possible to get", whilst Cameron said something along the lines of "any and every option for further powers is there" for Scotland.

The Tories have shown that, by not only not meeting the contents of the Smith Commission, but by not allowing one amendment to the Scotland Bill, they simply aren't interested.

It's my opinion that the Tories are playing a little political poker here. I think they are trying to force the SNP's hand into declaring Indyref2, in the hope that a No vote will close the matter for decades. It's a dangerous game for both sides.

And as for society collapsing, are you SERIOUSLY saying that Scotland couldn't make it on it's own, when so many other countries have left British rule and thrived? What makes us so particularly shit that we can't do it?

In short, Westminster isn't fit for Scottish purpose, and it's taken the SNP tsunami to bring that home. For once, we have a squad of MPs who want to improve Scotland, not just Tory, Labour and Lib Dem troughers happy to toe the party line and claim their expenses.

Even in the rarest of occasions where the mathematics works out, the most Scotland has done to influence Weatminster was helping an enabling, cowardly Lib Dems into coalition.

Of course, the SNP won't make a huge impact from the opposition benches. If it gets them on a few committees and open up the books a bit, meh. Better than nothing but not really that important. Would vote for them if there was a GE tomorrow on the tiny chance that it give them an influential position. Nobody else to vote for.

I expect them to do nothing, which is what they are delivering. The reason I asked was to see what the supporters of the SNP felt they were doing. For months we have read about how they will revolutionise politics in Westminster. They haven't and won't.

They are impotent, and the silence from the fan boys when the question was asked shows they know it too.

Seems to me this highlights a deep flaw in the Westminster system. By sheer numbers, English MPs can ignore every single Scottish MP, regardless of party allegiance.

Seems to me this highlights a deep flaw in the Westminster system.

Well, not really, no.

Each consistency is represented individually.

Do you type with one finger?

You avoided the SNP question because it hurts, your hero's have delivered nothing because they can deliver nothing.

All your bravado and bluster about revolution and changing politics can't change that.

I can taste your rage. :D

Did they not break some rules about taking selfies? And clap when they weren't meant to? If that isn't political revolution then I don't know what is.

My point still stands. The bit you somehow missed out when you quoted me, I mean.

What point is this?

I haven't seen you make one yet.

At no point have I ever said Scotland couldn't go it alone. I personally like the union and am happy with us being in a union, for now. I would be happy to vote on it again in perhaps 10 years. Unless of course there is a huge change before then.

So you wouldn't class 96% of Scotland's MPs and the political will of a country being ignored by Government as "change" then?

Archived