Mhairi Black appreciation thread

Mr Bairn

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I truly believe she has mental health issues

I just find it utterly amazing she is a professor at Edinburgh university.

The sad thing is she's pretty influential.

Jill Stephenson is an Emeritus Professor. Edinburgh Uni have distanced themselves from her on several occasions.

Whilst Blair McDougall et al call for a crackdown on cybernats whilst not recognising the far worse abuse that comes from the Unionist side they cannot and will not be taken seriously. It's all to do with silencing SNP supporters.

I would imagine that she has a much better grip on life than some of the Eton mess.[/quot

Yawn ; Eton !!! Bullingdon !!! Any more cliches ??

Do you deny that a large contingent of the Conservative front bench are privately educated spivs with little or no experience of what the vast majority of people have to go through?

They went to public schools as I understand ( why are they called that ????) but they seek a mandate and get same . Not my cup of tea to be honest but my point is that a young student has no life experience as yet albeit likeable and irreverent. The irish and British states are paying for the largesse of populist governments from the turn of the millennium and not the action of Tory toffs.

They went to public schools as I understand ( why are they called that ????) but they seek a mandate and get same . Not my cup of tea to be honest but my point is that a young student has no life experience as yet albeit likeable and irreverent. The irish and British states are paying for the largesse of populist governments from the turn of the millennium and not the action of Tory toffs.

This is quite clearly bollocks. And who mentioned the Irish?

The British (Tory) Government have an ideological austerity driven agenda as an excuse to squash the welfare state and ensure the lower classes remain a political punchbag.

I repeat - the elitist toffs in the Tory cabinet know f**k all about "life". Do you think Oliver Letwin, Ian Duncan Smith, Jeremy Hunt, Anna Soubry or Boris Johnson have EVER wanted for anything, much less ever faced any real struggles in life?

Books have to be balanced . Governments in the period from 2000 to 2008 worked on the assumption that borrowed money could be used for current expenditure . The welfare state is under pressure because the assumptions on which it was based are becoming more and more obsolete .

Books have to be balanced . Governments in the period from 2000 to 2008 worked on the assumption that borrowed money could be used for current expenditure . The welfare state is under pressure because the assumptions on which it was based are becoming more and more obsolete .

Books have to be balanced eh? That explains why the national debt under Gideon's expert stewardship has DOUBLED to £1.5 trillion since they came to power in 2010?

In what way is the welfare state becoming more obsolete? One of the basic tenets of any welfare system is public responsibility for those unable to avail themselves of the minimal provisions for a basic standard of life.

How do you think disabled people with no prospect of an improvement in their quality of life feel to hear the Tories bang on about aspirations and hard working families? Don't you think they have aspirations too? Or are they just not as important as those who "contribute"?

I genuinely hope you are trolling. If not... Jesus.

You are not really understanding my point but I suspect you don't really want to given your polemic rants . The assumptions on which affordabillity of welfare states were based are changing , ie higher life expectancy , erosion of traditional manufacturing industries , globalisation etc ..... . What grinds my goat is politicians making promises in old money so to speak .

Most countries have ran deficits since 2008 due to the aftershock .

You are not really understanding my point but I suspect you don't really want to given your polemic rants . The assumptions on which affordabillity of welfare states were based are changing , ie higher life expectancy , erosion of traditional manufacturing industries , globalisation etc ..... . What grinds my goat is politicians making promises in old money so to speak .

Most countries have ran deficits since 2008 due to the aftershock .

None of which alters the fact that a welfare state should be society's safety net for it's weakest and most vulnerable. Which politicians have made promises in old money?

I accept that most countries run a deficit. Two questions though:

1) Did poor and disabled people cause the financial crash?

2) Is attacking and slashing welfare the most cost effective and best way of attacking the deficit and saving money?

None of which alters the fact that a welfare state should be society's safety net for it's weakest and most vulnerable. Which politicians have made promises in old money?

I accept that most countries run a deficit. Two questions though:

1) Did poor and disabled people cause the financial crash?

2) Is attacking and slashing welfare the most cost effective and best way of attacking the deficit and saving money?

1) no and 2) yes and no . Agree with you on weakest and most vulnerable 100 % but it aint that simple .

Every politician is in denial on costs of welfare and health and even worse how to pay for it . They are in the business of winning elections .

1) no and 2) yes and no . Agree with you on weakest and most vulnerable 100 % but it aint that simple .

It really is.

A 5 year old could tell you of better ways to run a country.

Archived