Mhairi Black appreciation thread

Mr Bairn

I've got no problem with the young, the working class or womyn. I just don't like Mhairi Black.

She's been on the scene 5 minutes, you don't even know her at least give her a chance.

I hope she's at Firhill on Saturday, I for one will give her a cheer if she does the half time draw.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
oaksoft, on 12 May 2015 - 18:15, said:

In your burst to post something you've completely misunderstood the point. Congratulations! I genuinely didn't think the maturity level in this forum could drop any further.

If you stopped posting, the bigotry level would drop a fair bit.

Christ, I had never realised the "working folk should respect their betters" mentality was so ingrained in Scottish society.

I can only imagine it is what is driving the hatred and bitterness against this young woman.

It's probably the same mentality that drives the "too poor, too wee" NO voters.

It must be hellish to feel so inferior and be so subservient.

Perhaps someone could clarify for me because I am slightly naive and uninformed on the issue.

I see an MP as having two very different roles which may mean the best person for one isn't the best for another.

As a constituent in need as assistance I'd want someone 'intelligent' (please note quotation marks) with a legal type background to advise and pursue my case/grievance. I'd be fraudulently voting twice for Ad Lib if this was my sole concern.

However, I want someone to vote in the House of Commons as I would. Voting against trident, austerity etc.

Christ, I had never realised the "working folk should respect their betters" mentality was so ingrained in Scottish society.

I can only imagine it is what is driving the hatred and bitterness against this young woman.

It's probably the same mentality that drives the "too poor, too wee" NO voters.

It must be hellish to feel so inferior and be so subservient.

Seething granny are we.

Read in the paper that our good cousins Eire are having referendum end of month to lower their presidential age from 35 to 21. They are also asking the country about Gay Marriage Yes/No. Seems fairly inclusive and progressive to me.

Nb. The Conservatives newly appointed equality minister opposed Gay Marriage. Thats the torys for you.

What is the need in creating these silly threads? Imagine how people would react if I were to create a "David Mundell Appreciation Thread".

You should feel ashamed.

Go for it, you might be yourself but hey ho!

She "fucking hates Celtic"

Top girl.

When she comes out and says on Twitter that she "Fucking hates Sevco too" I will happily nominate her for first minister

and President of the Peoples Republic of Scotland when it comes!

Read in the paper that our good cousins Eire are having referendum end of month to lower their presidential age from 35 to 21. They are also asking the country about Gay Marriage Yes/No. Seems fairly inclusive and progressive to me.

Nb. The Conservatives newly appointed equality minister opposed Gay Marriage. Thats the torys for you.

Has sooky commented on this yet.

Has sooky commented on this yet.

It doesn't sit easy with me, I'll say that. She has apparently 'changed her mind' and would 'probably' vote in favour of it now. Well it's a bit too late for that and I have my doubts that it's actually true anyway. She also said more constituents wrote to her asking her to vote against it than for it. I'm fairly certain this was the case for the majority of MPs, yet others still voted for it.

It doesn't sit easy with me, I'll say that. She has apparently 'changed her mind' and would 'probably' vote in favour of it now. Well it's a bit too late for that and I have my doubts that it's actually true anyway. She also said more constituents wrote to her asking her to vote against it than for it. I'm fairly certain this was the case for the majority of MPs, yet others still voted for it.

It doesn't sit easy with you that the party you support, campaigned for and voted for appointed a homophobe as their 'Equality' Minister. Well that's OK then.

Seething granny are we.

Can't say iv read anything of the sort.

Than again she might have one.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the combined intellect of Unionism.

It doesn't sit easy with you that the party you support, campaigned for and voted for appointed a homophobe as their 'Equality' Minister. Well that's OK then.

Just because he happens to be gay it doesn't mean he's Peter Tatchell.

Sooky might have other reasons, yet you dismiss him because you disagree with his opinion.

Archived