Mhairi Black appreciation thread

Mr Bairn

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'New Rosie Kane'? Gies peace.

Black is at Glasgow Uni studying politics, Rosie Kane wouldn't get accepted for colouring in college.

She's managed to cobble a few highers to get on a uni course so she's obviously a more qualified person than Ms Kane. The nat mind at work again.

Aw, wee bravehearts will be breaking on here. At least we won't have another 'ah wid' poll.

SNP = 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51,52,53,54,55,56

UKIP = 1

post-14721-14312638983994_thumb.jpg

post-14721-14312639068426_thumb.jpg

She's only 20. Just fuckin unleash her on the house of commons and get them tellt.

This - if ever the SNP had the chance to destroy the whole "Tartan Tory" myth, it's one year's worth of Mhari Black running riot at Westminster.

Rosie Kane the second, that turned out well.

Rosie Kane had the IQ of plankton with special needs who hung onto Tommy Sheridan's donkey jacket tails and was dumb enough to think she would survive 10 seconds when she let go.

Mhari Black by contrast is a politics and public policy student at Glasgow University, with a phlanx of 55 other MPs to keep her right. She'll be no Bernadette Devlin.

Listen I'm an SNP member but even I realise a sponge would have beaten Alexander in Paisley. I'm not saying she needs to be sanitised but as preciously put in this thread without a wee bit of savvy she runs the risk of becoming another Rosie Kane. There's nothing wrong with speaking your mind, however one of the things I like about Nicola Sturgeon is that she is astute and is very careful in her wording. The press in this country are quick to muck rake and I'd just rather that Mhairi got the chance to grow in her role without being hounded by the media.

The muck racking backfired though, didn't it? People in Paisley voted for her precisely because she did come over as a Ned - and Paisley, let's face it, is now very much a Ned's town.

For all of her education, she represents Renfrewshire in the raw, something the corridors of power have long been able to walk away from & sniff "well of course that sort are in areas one simply would not go" - now they're going to have to deal with it. It's almost like a character in Burniestoun getting elected - given the chance of doing the same, which other constituency would want to pass that up?

I think Jim Sillers seems to be under the delusion he's going to be able to relive his glory days through her, that she'll be his wee puppet in Parliament. He of all people ought to remember that puppets cut their strings once they can walk without their puppeteer. She's made it pretty clear she's no worries about heading south: when asked if nervous about going to Westminster, she replied "Nope – and I'm not saying that in an arrogant way, I'm saying that because I'm not the one who should be nervous – it's all of them down there who have to answer for what they've done, they're the ones who have to be accountable.”

As for Nicola Sturgeon, let's not kid ourselves: she took a long, long time to become a good political operator. Even after getting shafted at Glasgow Uni when in charge of GUSNA with Alistair "Shagger" Allan when students were so pissed off with their arrogance they voted in a bizarre GUU/QMU/Christian Union/LesBiGay Society to keep both them & Labour out of office, she still didn't learn her lesson, & it's debatable whether without Alex Salmond's patronage (& patience) she'd have sidelined long ago. The modern cuddly Sturgeon is a very different kettle of fish (excuse the pun) to that of even a few years back. Perhaps it was finally realising last September that she'd no longer have Alex to protect her from herself? Whatever the case, it was fortuitous that she evolved right in the nick of time.

Those who are never foolish are never wise, & I'm confident that someone like Black who grew up in a locality where the wrong word earns a punch in the face or worse will adjust herself a lot swifter to the challenge than Sturgeon did.

"An MP that supports & attends football matches. Mixing with real people, in touch, talking to people..a student surely not! What we need is Eton educated toffs running our country?? #Refreshing #Good choice Scotland!"

From a Welsh mate on Facebook

This - if ever the SNP had the chance to destroy the whole "Tartan Tory" myth, it's one year's worth of Mhari Black running riot at Westminster.

Rosie Kane had the IQ of plankton with special needs who hung onto Tommy Sheridan's donkey jacket tails and was dumb enough to think she would survive 10 seconds when she let go.

Mhari Black by contrast is a politics and public policy student at Glasgow University, with a phlanx of 55 other MPs to keep her right. She'll be no Bernadette Devlin.

The muck racking backfired though, didn't it? People in Paisley voted for her precisely because she did come over as a Ned - and Paisley, let's face it, is now very much a Ned's town.

For all of her education, she represents Renfrewshire in the raw, something the corridors of power have long been able to walk away from & sniff "well of course that sort are in areas one simply would not go" - now they're going to have to deal with it. It's almost like a character in Burniestoun getting elected - given the chance of doing the same, which other constituency would want to pass that up?

I think Jim Sillers seems to be under the delusion he's going to be able to relive his glory days through her, that she'll be his wee puppet in Parliament. He of all people ought to remember that puppets cut their strings once they can walk without their puppeteer. She's made it pretty clear she's no worries about heading south: when asked if nervous about going to Westminster, she replied "Nope – and I'm not saying that in an arrogant way, I'm saying that because I'm not the one who should be nervous – it's all of them down there who have to answer for what they've done, they're the ones who have to be accountable.”

As for Nicola Sturgeon, let's not kid ourselves: she took a long, long time to become a good political operator. Even after getting shafted at Glasgow Uni when in charge of GUSNA with Alistair "Shagger" Allan when students were so pissed off with their arrogance they voted in a bizarre GUU/QMU/Christian Union/LesBiGay Society to keep both them & Labour out of office, she still didn't learn her lesson, & it's debatable whether without Alex Salmond's patronage (& patience) she'd have sidelined long ago. The modern cuddly Sturgeon is a very different kettle of fish (excuse the pun) to that of even a few years back. Perhaps it was finally realising last September that she'd no longer have Alex to protect her from herself? Whatever the case, it was fortuitous that she evolved right in the nick of time.

Those who are never foolish are never wise, & I'm confident that someone like Black who grew up in a locality where the wrong word earns a punch in the face or worse will adjust herself a lot swifter to the challenge than Sturgeon did.

You're taking this very seriously, I think.

Excellent post :thumsup2

What can you say except the voters of Paisley are a very discerning bunch, they obviously want to send a message to Mr Cameron and Miss Black offers the perfect means of delivery. Cameron's tea and teeth will soon be oot.

If she walks into parliament and stick the nut straight on Cameron, statues of her will be built all over Scotland.

Archived