Mhairi Black appreciation thread

Mr Bairn

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Er, no it isn't. Neither the facts (a quick Google suggests that around 32% of uni students came from a working class background in 2010) nor the anecdotal experience bears it out. I'm poor as shit and am now doing a postgrad. All of my mates who are poor as shit attended uni as well. It's quite easy to do a degree.

I never said it was but to suggest that having a university education makes you middle class is tacitly suggesting that working class people just don't get book smarts and doing words proper. I know it's easier to kid yourself that hating foreigners, voting Tory and decrying social justice is all part and parcel of working class culture in this country but it's total pish that does a great disservice to the long history of working class radicalism.

Just now, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Id say someone that’s raised by two university educated professionals working as teachers is most definitely the product of a middle class background.

You would, but then you're a fuckwit, and literally no one on this forum takes you seriously. 

1 minute ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Says the Pie and Bovril oracle emoji23.png key board gangster. emoji23.png

Other than my phone, which is currently charging, what else do you suggest I use to post on P&B? 

Apologies in advance if the question is too confusing for you :)

48 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Scots from the lowest socio-economic bracket are the LEAST likely to attend University in the UK.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-scotland-36392857

Riiiiight but that still doesn't suggest that it's out of the ordinary for working class people to attend university.

Mhairi Black tears the Tories flagship policy to bits within 5 minutes and receives universal praise.

Scottish tories: Aye but her maw and da' went to uni.

f**k off.

2 hours ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Id say someone that’s raised by two university educated professionals working as teachers is most definitely the product of a middle class background.

Even if that were to be true(which it aint, you are talking complete shite) it doesn't change that she just dismantled a but of Eton elite c***s. No bad for a lassie who has been in politics for a matter of years

2 hours ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Scots from the lowest socio-economic bracket are the LEAST likely to attend University in the UK.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-scotland-36392857

Fruits of Scotland in union.

A willing Scottish govt  whose education ethos is being hamstrung by an ever dwindling Westminster block grant. In union there is f@ck all we can do. Rob Peter to pay Paul?

Numpties blame the Scottish govt.

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

You know, I am not sure that somebody who's only job has been that of an MP is best placed to be commenting on how normal people struggle to pay their bills each month. Abusing statistics and attempting to compare today's standard of living with those of the Napoleonic era is frankly embarassing.

This sounds like someone playing to the gallery in a desperate attempt to save her seat at the next election. This speech of hers is one of countless reasons why young people should get some decent life experience behind them before becoming an MP.

Absolute fucking nonesense.  

But I will entertain your idiocy, tell me the other countless reasons.

Archived