Mhairi Black appreciation thread

Mr Bairn

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She's a rabid Partick Thistle fan so it's a no for me.

I did see someone retweet her saying "maths is shite". She was 15 at the time though but that didn't stop someone saying that the tweet will damage any chance that she'll be Scottish Chancellor in the future. :lol:

When you think about it she's probably the first politician to have to worry about this kind of thing. Imagine what Boris Johnson et al would have written on their twitter aged 15.

She's a rabid Partick Thistle fan so it's a no for me.

I did see someone retweet her saying "maths is shite". She was 15 at the time though but that didn't stop someone saying that the tweet will damage any chance that she'll be Scottish Chancellor in the future. :lol:

Maths isn't shite................

:(:(:(

What is the need in creating these silly threads? Imagine how people would react if I were to create a "David Mundell Appreciation Thread".

You should feel ashamed.

I like Mundell a lot so you wouldn't find me complaining.

Maybe I totally misread the tone of it but wasn't hugely impressed with the "once he gets over this result" comment to wee Dougie. Sturgeon's measured, conciliatory approach has taken the SNP on leaps and bounds. I was hysterically shouting GET IT RIGHT FUCKING UP YE at my TV but I'd rather the candidates kept it classy.

Minor complaint though, an historic individual achievement on a historic night. Sum burd.

Maybe I totally misread the tone of it but wasn't hugely impressed with the "once he gets over this result" comment to wee Dougie. Sturgeon's measured, conciliatory approach has taken the SNP on leaps and bounds. I was hysterically shouting GET IT RIGHT FUCKING UP YE at my TV but I'd rather the candidates kept it classy.

Minor complaint though, an historic individual achievement on a historic night. Sum burd.

I think she meant that to be magnanimous but it came across badly. Knew at the time that would be the clip the news would play as it showed her in the worst light they could, and it was.

I think she needs a bit of media training. She is obviously an intelligent person to be studying Arts at Glasgow in terms of exam results etc, however she comes across pretty badly in the press IMO.

I think she's great, rough round the edges but so what that's a real person. The last thing we need is more media trained drones, she has values and principles and gives great replies to questions. She is honest and smart, she will be a great MP.

Archived