Who else is still absolutely LOVING it?

Elixir

The most frightening thing is the pace that the tories go about their business. I think we can be pretty sure that the UK will be very different again in five years time.

The only thing that could possibly keep the UK together is a NEW New Labour messiah! :lol:

One thing that many folk don't appreciate is that in a representative democracy even with a majority government the strength and ability of the opposition is very important. That is why the SNP have an important role to play. I think it may take time for Labour to get there act together and opposition MPs really have a job to do in offering alternate views and arguments.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this could well be the turning point:

- Elixir has already mentioned it; Labour's stance very shortly after the referendum switched from "Vote No to protect your NHS" etc to "By the way, we forgot to mention that you need to vote Labour as well. Soz!!! :) xx"

- Labour's entire "Vote Snp, Get Tory" message is very easilly tempered with the fact that even if the SNP landslide was switched with a Labour landslide, the end result would still have been a Conservative majority

- What I'm hoping is that the sizeable Labour support in Scotland will start softening up to the idea of Independence considering how much of a monumental f**k-up Labour made by taking such short-term strategies regarding the Referendum and this election. Considering the fact they are already trusting the SNP to stand up for Scotland ahead of Labour/Conservatives, rejecting wholesale Labour with some colossal swings in a lot of constituencies, I think it will, along with the fact that demographics are on Yes' side.

:lol: I feel much better after reading that, the last two points in particular. Those are the biggest factors on the side of independence that we have.

But the SNP will not be as strong as they are now ever again most likely, so the battle really is to keep them in power and with a majority at HR and again at WM in 2020 so they can do all these things.

Love all you guys so much eh

Mon the SNP

Bring yer vodka and bring yer Charlie Nicola sturgeon is having a party

No skier since Thursday

From Ad Lib to VikingTon ( can't think of any posters beginning with x or z , sorry to anyone that does) we done it :D.

Glorious scenes on here on Thursday night, one of the most historical nights in recent Scottish History.

Disappointed that the English shat the bed and let the Tories in but we done our bit.

One thing that many folk don't appreciate is that in a representative democracy even with a majority government the strength and ability of the opposition is very important. That is why the SNP have an important role to play. I think it may take time for Labour to get there act together and opposition MPs really have a job to do in offering alternate views and arguments.

I can only imagine the level of hopelessness that English voters must have felt leading up to the election in order to put the tories back in. Just shows how inept Milliband and Labour were. The level of MSM manipulation was a great help to the tories too. Rupert Murdoch has far too much power over thick people who buy his cheap shitey rags (poor b*****ds).

For some reason I had a horrific comedown today after the high of Friday. Think it was work-related nonsense but still, very strange.

I am still enjoying the SNP success (despite still not even being a member) but it's being slightly soured by the double standards of some folk on here.

"I'm delighted Labour were hammered in Scotland.............................but devastated they won't be in charge of the country".

"I'm loving the humilation of the Lib Dems after going with the Tories........................but disappointed they won't be there to keep the Tories honest again".

I can only imagine the level of hopelessness that English voters must have felt leading up to the election in order to put the tories back in. Just shows how inept Milliband and Labour were. The level of MSM manipulation was a great help to the tories too. Rupert Murdoch has far too much power over thick people who buy his cheap shitey rags (poor b*****ds).

Yeah, as someone who has left-of-centre political views, if I lived in England I would have felt totally despondent even before the result. There is no real alternative on offer to Labour and the early post-election indications are that Labour will move even further to the right. Dark days ahead.

For some reason I had a horrific comedown today after the high of Friday. Think it was work-related nonsense but still, very strange.

I am still enjoying the SNP success (despite still not even being a member) but it's being slightly soured by the double standards of some folk on here.

"I'm delighted Labour were hammered in Scotland.............................but devastated they won't be in charge of the country".

"I'm loving the humilation of the Lib Dems after going with the Tories........................but disappointed they won't be there to keep the Tories honest again".

Even if Labour won in Scotland with 100% of the vote nothing would change from how it stands now.

The Tory electoral machine is a frightening beast - they have a done a job in this election - getting rid of not just one but three political leaders. Whilst they SNP are very well organised at grassroots level do they have the ability to cope with a Tory Party that is sleekit and has the majority of the written media on their side?

Whilst I support FFA I can see it could be a political grenade that could explode in the faces of the SNP.

The Tory electoral machine is a frightening beast

Not really. I'd say that Cameron's campaign was pretty malign. Every other c**t was inept.

Edited to add....I voted for our local MP (Tory) because he is a decent and a good constituency worker. Nothing more.

The Tory electoral machine is a frightening beast - they have a done a job in this election - getting rid of not just one but three political leaders. Whilst they SNP are very well organised at grassroots level do they have the ability to cope with a Tory Party that is sleekit and has the majority of the written media on their side?

Whilst I support FFA I can see it could be a political grenade that could explode in the faces of the SNP.

The Tory media's campaign was mostly at the expense of Scotland and the SNP have just recorded the best election performance of any party in Scotland ever. I don't think The Telegraph and co will be causing Sturgeon much bother. They've already tried to have a go at her a few times and made a total c**t of it. Their tactical voting guide worked a treat as well.

the conservatives played the spin game superbly well in this campaign,they used the snp as the stick to beat the labour party with at every opportunity knowing fine well it would result in people voting for them.

the conservatives played the spin game superbly well in this campaign,they used the snp as the stick to beat the labour party with at every opportunity knowing fine well it would result in people voting for them.

They used the politics of division very well. Divide and conquer and all that. To quote Tony Benn:

"I think there are two ways in which people are controlled. First of all, frighten people, and secondly demoralise them"

The tories wouldn't have won the election without Rupert Murdoch either. What a King Fucking Scumbag he is.

Can anyone enlighten me?

The SNP won 56 seats out of 59.

Why is Scotland not Independent?

I always thought that if you won anywhere over 50% of seats then you win the contest.

Have the rules been changed

Have the goalposts been moved.

Whit's gaun oan?

Can anyone enlighten me?

I always thought that if you won anywhere over 50% of seats then you win the contest.

Whit's gaun oan?

We had a referendum in September. Do you recall the result? The hard left nat party failed.

Can anyone enlighten me?

Whit's gaun oan?

It's never been that simple. Ultimately the only people who can legally grant us independence is the sitting UK Government.

You also have to remember there was no pledge for independence in the manifesto so the people were not voting on it on Thursday.

Patience is the key here.

Yes and no

Obviously Scotland waking up and finally realising that voting labour was a complete waste and the SNP victory was tremendous but I've a feeling that the Tory bassas will be more vindictive than ever.

We had a referendum in September. Do you recall the result? The hard left nat party failed.

Pete (are you a Scot?)

Read what I wrote.

The UK Parliament is supposed tae be the be-all and end-all as far as politics in the UK go.

If the SNP won a majority then why are we no independent?

---------------------------

I'm Brian, on 10 May 2015 - 14:53, said:

It's never been that simple. Ultimately the only people who can legally grant us independence is the sitting UK Government.

You also have to remember there was no pledge for independence in the manifesto so the people were not voting on it on Thursday.

Patience is the key here.

Brian, Every politician that I saw on the telly since last September till now have all said that Independence is for the Scottish people ONLY to decide and no anybody else.

Which I would presume includes the UK Parliament.

What has changed?

Anyone who voted SNP last Thursday must have been well aware that the number one priority of the SNP is independence for Scotland.

That is the reason I have voted SNP since I was 18years old (early sixties).

It doesn't matter whatever the reasons were that the voters picked the SNP.

The fact is that they did and the SNP policies should be implemented.

It's like me saying I voted for the tories but I didnae want them tae win.

I would presume that you would then say 'why the f**k did ye vote for them then?'

Archived