Queen's Park -vs- Stenhousemuir - That's a Spicy Meatball!

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Total anti-football from Stenny. QP majority of play so far and ref just encouraging time wasting from minute 1. Still got a game here if QP can take it to last 20 mins, Stenny always dangerous on break and from set pieces which we have been incapable of defending.

I'm disappointed too. So close, and we can more than match them, but don't think we can call Stenny's well organised defence anti-football, and the time-wasting stuff is no more than you would expect.

Equally is silly to think that Rooney's a thug.

Thought Quinn was impressive again today.

So it's Division 2 again. My greater concern is losing Gus and the core of the team again.

Feels like a re-build every year.

Both sides loved a bit of long ball. Good tactics in the wind...

Overheard a director say Greg Fleming was the best keeper in the league as well. I've only just stopped laughing.

You c***s have this thing about keepers being shite for you but they can't be decent for anyone else.

You could stretch that to players in general.

Fleming is gravy would not swap him for anyone in this league.

If it wasn't for Greg Fleming reaction saves yesterday we would've been relegated (albeit he should have done much better at the equaliser).

The early goal killed the tie in my opinion and for the first time this season our young and inexperienced players showed some game knowledge and nastiness to see it out and do the dirty side of football to win the tie.

We really missed Kieran Miller yesterday. A midfielder more than happy and capable enough to drop and cover to dig out the defence, unlike Maranghi and Faulds who are not anywhere near what is needed for this level.

You could've picked a man of the match from a host of players yesterday - Fleming, Summers, Meechan, Lithgow or Hodge.

Commiserations to Queens Park who absolutely battered us in the second half and used the wind well, albeit not well enough as it turned out.

Special mention to Club Captain Ross McMillan who missed the biggest game of the season to be an usher at a wedding in Newcastle. The Boss has been a great player for us over the last few years but this has left a bad taste in my mouth - if it was a cup final, league decider or promotion play off final would he have missed it?

Also to Josh Watt, who 10 minutes after coming on SHOULD have been sent off for kicking out. Regardless of the challenge that led to it, he almost fucked it for us!

Glad Bomber has kept us up and can rebuild his own team. I think we can expect to see a bit of a clear out over the summer!

ETA - the scenes at the end with the kids on the pitch were excellent. I felt relief more than joy at the final whistle but it was great to see the kids love it - they would've really felt a part of something yesterday and hopefully they return next season. Good to see the club focussing on getting the next generation of Warriors supporters!

Yesterday's second half was the most committed gut-busting effort I can remember from any squad. Promotion wasn't lost yesterday; I could spend all day reflecting on the season, missed shots, slack defending, overhit passes etc etc but when you watch football at this level all these things will happen, for all teams. All I wanted from the play-offs was for the team to do the very best they could and not give it up lightly. Definitely achieved that.

Hugely proud of all the guys yesterday. Felt sorry for them at the end; they seemed confused how to behave after the whistle, obviously disappointed but at the same time being lauded by the fans. No need for any shame guys. You've given us some great days out and a final position we could only dream of in August. And you've played in the Queen's Park spirit with integrity, honesty and fair play.

Final word for Gus. To rebuild a team and take them within a goal of being promoted in the same season is outstanding. His focus is clearly built around defence and I guess in the final analysis the lack of strikepower was the difference but he found some decent players, made them a good team and proved again yesterday that tactically he's savvy. Switching Quinn to target man was a risk to the defence but it almost worked and the players response proved they were right behind their coach. Hopefully he'll stay and have another go next season.

Ludere Causa Ludendi.

Really enjoyed this game yesterday. Lively stuff in a blustery wind, some meaty challenges here and there. At half-time it looked like the usual QP story, some nice passing, but no cutting edge. When Gus had his brainstorm ten minutes after the break and went three up front, they looked a different side. Born again striker Tony Quinn was excellent with his lay-offs and flicks. Gus should try this attacking malarkey more often.

For Steny, McMullen is rapid although hasn't yet got the final ball right, though that will come with experience.

Rooney has something about him for QP.

Shame should come from not doing a job on a rancid Warriors side.

With supporters like you your players can look forward to fun times as they race to the bottom next season. Do you even understand what the word rancid means?

Little respect for Stenhousemuir FC after what I've seen this week. QP's widely acclaimed youth system teaches it's young players to stand on their feet and play the ball. Stenny make a lot local of their "community" status but allow several first-team players to demonstrate to the young hopefuls that the path to victory is cheating, diving and rolling about the ground. I'm sure aa lot of parents would question whether they want their son to be part of a club like that. Maybe potential sponsors might take that view too, eh?

Shame!

With supporters like you your players can look forward to fun times as they race to the bottom next season. Do you even understand what the word rancid means?

Little respect for Stenhousemuir FC after what I've seen this week. QP's widely acclaimed youth system teaches it's young players to stand on their feet and play the ball. Stenny make a lot local of their "community" status but allow several first-team players to demonstrate to the young hopefuls that the path to victory is cheating, diving and rolling about the ground. I'm sure aa lot of parents would question whether they want their son to be part of a club like that. Maybe potential sponsors might take that view too, eh?

Shame!

:lol:

Rooney is a thug.

After a block tackle into Watt, Watt proceded to lash out having a kick at Rooney. All Rooney did was push him back down away. How is that being a thug, perhaps you were thinking of McCormack who ran 40 yard to have a square go with Rooney while he was walking away from the incident.

Kettle, pot, black..... comes to mind

Shame!

That is quite something from a fan of a club who produced Rooney.

Have a word with yourself man and accept your 'amazing' season was ended by, mostly, a bunch of jobbers.

Shame!

Wow. Nice loser.

Well done Stenny.

Shame!

????

After the 3-2 defeat against Stirling Albion 2 weeks ago, I gave us no chance of staying up. We managed to put together a few more decent performances over the playoffs, but as shown all season, any decent side would've done a job on us yesterday. If I was a QP fan I'd be majorly disappointed not to have beaten a piss poor Warriors side over two legs. A side who lost 3 times to Stirling this season may I add. Greg Fleming made a few excellent saves towards the end, and if it wasn't for him we would've been relegated. Hopefully Bomber can rebuild well for next season and we can put this awful season behind us.

Also seen some QP fans with a "Viva Shaun Rooney" banner at the start of the game. Don't get the buzz, I thought he was awful when he came on.

Shame!

Took it well, eh? :bairn

That is quite something from a fan of a club who produced Rooney.

Have a word with yourself man and accept your 'amazing' season was ended by, mostly, a bunch of jobbers.

Rooney came from Dundee United.

Yes it was but in the context of our previous season where we sat last in the table every single week it was a great turnaround. And we did it without SPL loanees.

Archived