Queen's Park -vs- Stenhousemuir - That's a Spicy Meatball!

Well, well, well. Here we are - the big one. Queen's Park in one corner; Stenhousemuir in the other.

I imagine both sides will fancy their chances here. After losing at Stirling Albion last weekend I was sure Stenny were doomed and would job and go down. I had mentally prepared myself for relegation. Alas! After today's effort, I'm quite confident we can stay up. Show the same level of heart and spirit and why not?

I have major doubts about Jamie McCormack at right-back but I'd be inclined to keep the same team that won today. Can't think of any reason to change it. Kieran Millar and Ross Meechan screening while Bryan Hodge presses further forward.

The last time we played Queen's Park was in May 2009 in the play-off semi-final; we won and we relegated them.

I hope we can beat them again. I don't see why we can't.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The last time we played Queen's Park was in May 2009 in the play-off semi-final; we won and we relegated them.

I hope we can beat them again.

Wow, a Stenny fan hoping they can beat us - well, I never saw that one coming. Any more revelations for us Cesc, or did you set the bar too high in your first post?

six years ago Stenny relegated us, so it would be nice to return the favour - in fact, "and I tell you honestly, I will love it if we beat them, love it!"

What are the rules over bookings . How many bookings do you need to have before you are suspended .

Unless it's already posted on th SFA disciplinary pages, then you'll only be suspended with a red card, yellow cards will take 2 weeks from recieving the trigger card for the suspensions to be activie due toreferee reports and then postage to clubs.

I think if we score more goals than you that would be one of the reasons you can't beat us.

Care to make a prediction? ;)

I'm always wary of doing this kind of thing in case I end up looking foolish (see my prediction of Queen's Park's tenth-place finish in the THHP season preview) but I reckon the teams will draw in Glasgow through the week and Stenhousemuir will win on Saturday.

I haven't seen QP since they lost at the Shire back in March but I've been quite impressed by them on other occasions. Huge fan of Paul Woods - next to Bobby Linn, he was the best player in the division - and both him and Shaun Rooney will need watching. Our left-back Ciaran Summers is in pretty good form at the moment and I'd like to think he can contain them with the help of Josh Watt. You'll know a lot better than me but I just think the lack of a decent striker's held the team back. I thought Chris Duggan was excellent during his short loan but other boys like Ross McPherson, Jordan Moore and John Carter haven't been good enough (although Carter always puts himself about). Alan Lithgow and Ross McMillan have their faults but I reckon they should be good enough to handle whatever you stick up top.

Really looking forward to it - got a big soft spot for QP and I always enjoy the games at Hampden.

I'm always wary of doing this kind of thing in case I end up looking foolish (see my prediction of Queen's Park's tenth-place finish in the THHP season preview) but I reckon the teams will draw in Glasgow through the week and Stenhousemuir will win on Saturday.

I haven't seen QP since they lost at the Shire back in March but I've been quite impressed by them on other occasions. Huge fan of Paul Woods - next to Bobby Linn, he was the best player in the division - and both him and Shaun Rooney will need watching. Our left-back Ciaran Summers is in pretty good form at the moment and I'd like to think he can contain them with the help of Josh Watt. You'll know a lot better than me but I just think the lack of a decent striker's held the team back. I thought Chris Duggan was excellent during his short loan but other boys like Ross McPherson, Jordan Moore and John Carter haven't been good enough (although Carter always puts himself about). Alan Lithgow and Ross McMillan have their faults but I reckon they should be good enough to handle whatever you stick up top.

Really looking forward to it - got a big soft spot for QP and I always enjoy the games at Hampden.

Fair summary as always there. Judging by the comments from the Fife fans it looks likely to go right to the end like our semi-final. Nerves were shredded on Saturday. Scenes even better than Gretna.

I trust the terrace will be open for travelling fans? We've filled half the stand at Shire games consistently, even last season, and I'd expect 5-600 on Saturday. Regardless of Wednesday's result I'd hope a lot of QP fans will turn out to thank this group for their efforts this season.

Hope the fans do turn up in numbers,every single player deserves credit,lets all show our support and be there on saturday,positivity from fans helps their motivation.

really looking forward to this All the best to both teams.

Fair summary as always there. Judging by the comments from the Fife fans it looks likely to go right to the end like our semi-final. Nerves were shredded on Saturday. Scenes even better than Gretna.

I trust the terrace will be open for travelling fans? We've filled half the stand at Shire games consistently, even last season, and I'd expect 5-600 on Saturday. Regardless of Wednesday's result I'd hope a lot of QP fans will turn out to thank this group for their efforts this season.

The terrace will definitely be open. It was open for the East Fife fans at the weekend.

Our big problem this season has been our inability to see out games - we have a terrible propensity for folding after taking the lead - but there was a bit of character about the performance against East Fife and I hope that's something to build on. Keep Millar and Meechan in the middle and make sure that Watt and McMullan help out the full-backs and we've got a good chance.

What time does the QP social club open on Wednesday night? I'm going to head there straight after work.

1730. See you there mate. I promise my level of sarcasm won't be as bad

Happier that it's Stenie rather than E Fife for starters; maybe some football rather than watching our precious Galacticos getting booted up in the air for 90 minutes!!

I don't think that we did ourselves justice in the Arbroath games; hopefully we sort that out in the final. We defended superbly under pressure and that's what got us through. We shouldn't be phased by the plastic park, so I wouldn't be overly worried if we didn't take an advantage to Ochilview.

There were some pretty heavy challenges in the Arbroath games, so hopefully there wasn't anything that'll keep the regular guys out.

The terracing is definitely open. Hopefully our lads will turn out in force and make a wee bit of noise. Soup and steak pies too...a good day out. Buzzin' like a wee bee for this.

Archived