Downfield ?

jimmyg

Reinstatement of players from senior clubs isn't a new thing though, think everyone in junior football knows about it (right or wrong). Surely 1st thing any club does is make sure the necessary paperwork and fees are completed.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree the buck stops with the club. But why a points deduction for not getting a form signed? It's not a big deal , if the player was good enough for senior football then they would never realise him to juniors, which means he is a junior level player

Yeah embarrassing for the whistle blower and his club. He knows that the downfield along with broughty ( clubs with money) would attract more of the better players In the region than his club, now that they will be in the same league .But every dog has their day as they say.

Totally agree. But in the mean time, it makes a mockery of junior football that something as small as this can stop a team from competing . Why have clubs never put a stop to it? Is it true every league has it's own set of rules?

Yip. Rules 'made up' by the member clubs.

I agree with that shanks and that it is the downfield at fault for the minor oversight , but can't understand why it could merit a points deduction. Now if kennoway win the league, they have no games left so the players will get the trophy at there end of season presentation which will make it feel even more like they never deserved it. I know if I was still playing that I would not be happy accepting a league winners medal in they circumstances

There should be a system in place which flags the need for a reinstatement when the player is signed. For example at the moment when you try to sign a Professional as an Amateur the registration system rejects the transaction, To be fair you can go in and check and see if the player you are trying to sign has been at a Senior club. From there the only way to guarantee if a Reinstatment is required is to check with Tom at the SJFA and I am sure he would not want to have to take a phone call every time a players signs a player but the SJFA would then be earning the money the clubs have to pay. As far as I am aware a player has to be reinstated each time they return from a Senior club and it doesn't matter if they have been previously reinstated which has happened here? There can also be the bizarre issue where a young player leaves a Senior club at age 18 then plays for several Junior clubs with each one assuming he has been reinstated then one of them carries the can if someone checks up on the player. I suppose you should never assume. If it was automated the SJFA would still get their £40 and the clubs would be helped along and it would also stop any clubs of trying to save themselves the money. No Reinstatement for a player requiring one then no right to play. As said earlier the system should be in place to help clubs not fine them a big sum of money.

I do not think that Downfield have in any way tried to cheat here or tried to avoid the fee they have merely been the victim of a harsh registration procedure. I would be miffed if I drove to London and then four weeks later I received 5 fines taken by Speed Cameras in the post along with a ban. If I had a warning at 3/6 or 9 points I might not have been banned!! Better still it would be nicer still to be pulled over by a nice respectable Policeman to be warned of my speeding and not given any penalty points. Not quite the same but you get the jist.

In reply to superbigals post,I wonder why he would say good luck Kelty, He must have some grievence against lochee United.

Why would someone who supposedly supports the tayside region say something against a club who have been the best in

The region for the past 10 years, if we get relegated we will be dignified and rebuild for next season.

Congratulations on your team winning the G A cup tonight,hope to see you at Thomson Park tomorrow.!!!!!!!

I understand what Al is saying by why didn't he mention it as soon as he found out rather than let it go for few weeks, only the man will know answer to that, but when someone says no one likes a grass, does this mean they think he shouldn't have said anything at all and just let it go?

Just wait for further revelations to surface guys.

I was chatting tonight at Tanadice with a mate on coaching staff from another super league team who have been targeted.

They are keeping things in house for now, although cleared.

That backs up another source who asked me if I knew.

Ps to ThomsonParker

I LIVE in Tayport

I am neutral and ground hop.

It's funny ksh waited Til after the thornton game to report this and a fair amount of ksh body up watching the downfield game.but after realising the hibs won and wer most probably going to have a good chance going up and they were in doubt they put the protest in. If downfield had beat thornton ksh most probably remain silent.good bunch of guys and supporters at downfield aww the best to them against the hibs for promotion

Hope you ground hop to Thomson park tomorrow, would love to here your revelations,

Would still like to know why you would say good luck to Kelty.

We seem to be an easy target,I think you should look at things

Closer to home!!!!!!!!

Hope you ground hop to Thomson park tomorrow, would love to here your revelations,

Would still like to know why you would say good luck to Kelty.

We seem to be an easy target,I think you should look at things

Closer to home!!!!!!!!

Kelty on my coupon. That's why.

Once again get it into your shell. I LIVE in Tayport. I don't support or am I connected with Tayport.

I WAS connected with another super league team last season.

I will either be at Newburgh, Broughty or Montrose v Brora tomorrow.

Anything else I can clear up for you ?

It's funny ksh waited Til after the thornton game to report this and a fair amount of ksh body up watching the downfield game.but after realising the hibs won and wer most probably going to have a good chance going up and they were in doubt they put the protest in. If downfield had beat thornton ksh most probably remain silent.good bunch of guys and supporters at downfield aww the best to them against the hibs for promotion

mmmmm strange thing for you to say considering the information Thornton have said to certain people about their letter of complaint.... if`s and buts, I thought with your background you would not deal in innuendo and rumour....

Archived