Downfield ?

jimmyg

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Goldilocks, I have no idea what your on about!! If you think my comment was anything to do with people hiding behind usernames, it wasn't, I'm no really interested in who anyone is or isn't on a forum.

Does no-one know The Laws Of The Game?

The sanction for fielding an ineligible player is the forfeiture of the game with a 3-0 scoreline, this multiplied by the number of games the player was involved in.

5x3 points = 15 points.

The full sanction should be -15 points, Gf 0, Ga 15 and whatever fine the beaks see fit.

Opposition +3 points, Gf 3, Ga 0.

(Now, where's my paracetamol...?)

Fife football forum has died of death, used to be decent few years back aswell.

Juniors section used to be really good for latest transfer information, fixtures, updates, results and a bit of banter between rival clubs. It's a shame that the mods on here have fallen for the sob stories of those responsible for it's death and are removing the accounts of anybody who dares to mention their club.

Watched a television programme the other night where the queen was being portrayed as Mrs Crowns Boys and the piss was being ripped out of every MP,sportsman and celebrity you can think of and yet the mere mention of Glenrothes on here is now an offence.

If they can't take it they shouldn't have dished it out in my opinion.

Whilst having a huge degree of sympathy towards downfields plight, having just read Kennoways Facebook page, some of the comments from their goalkeeper ( if it's him ) show a huge lack of class and respect to star hearts, if roles were reversed I'm quite sure downfield would have done the same.

It's a sad state of affairs when a mistake with paperwork has mibbie cost a team promotion and The fine of £500 could kill teams off,it's a lot of money for most junior teams.

It's a sad state of affairs when a mistake with paperwork has mibbie cost a team promotion and The fine of £500 could kill teams off,it's a lot of money for most junior teams.

I agree wholeheartedly lee ,I loved being manager of kennoway amateurs taking the team to 5 premier titles in a row winning the fife cup. Semi finals of the Scottish cup at a capacity bay view. ,and 19 trophies, and had to look on as our club of 34 years was made to fold because of an administration error ,

I was in tears literally ,so I have genuine sympathy with downfield as a club , we took advice from other junior clubs in our area and acted as any other club would have done. ,I'm sure your committee would have also done the same , we recognise Downfield are the true champions of the north league who ever wins it

,and hope results go their way and they may still gain promotion

I agree wholeheartedly lee ,I loved being manager of kennoway amateurs taking the team to 5 premier titles in a row winning the fife cup. Semi finals of the Scottish cup at a capacity bay view. ,and 19 trophies, and had to look on as our club of 34 years was made to fold because of an administration error ,

I was in tears literally ,so I have genuine sympathy with downfield as a club , we took advice from other junior clubs in our area and acted as any other club would have done. ,I'm sure your committee would have also done the same , we recognise Downfield are the true champions of the north league who ever wins it

,and hope results go their way and they may still gain promotion

eck you and your club are doing what you think is right for your club and i don't know what my committee would do in that situation , i just feel they are getting punished twice with the point deduction and then the fine which is a very large fine for a clerical error that if it happened to my club could put us out the game.your right about what happened to kennoway amateurs that was a scandal what happened to them.

Lee, what do you think is reasonable then? Points deduction IMO is necessary otherwise you'd have teams who could afford the fine to continue majing these "mistakes" but not really suffering consequences due to being able to pay the fine, so can't see anything other than points deduction being the answer. For the record, this only seems to be an issue due to them being top of the league, do you think if they were near the bottom then people would think the same about the punishment.

It's unfortunate on the players who have done so well to get them into the position they were and a credit to them that even after deduction of 15pts they are still aiming for promotion, but football clubs require more than players to do their job properly, and someone quite clearly didn't.

Why on earth is a point deduction fair for such a petty thing like a reinstatement form not being signed. It is a made up rule by the sjfa to boost there kitty. The player was signed by the club, just a little unnecessary form

Should not ruin 28 games of a season. Scottish football is a laughing stock most of the time and issues like this are embarrassing for all at the ERSJFA. The ruling bodies should be trying to help clubs , not punish them

Feel sorry for the outcome at Downfield after their fantastic effort, but rules are rules. It is the same for all clubs in the region, so don't think the outcome could have gone any other way. Best of luck guys.

Archived