EU Referendum

Anyone else a little worried that a No vote in this could re-energise UKIP like what happened with the SNP?

I think there's little chance of a No vote, and even if there was I think it would almost guarantee Scottish Independence.

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually fair point, SP elections are 16+ and it would be a bit of a c**t for the polling staff to have to hand a different number of ballot papers to different electors.

Are they?

They do however include EU nationals who can't vote in Westminster elections.

To clarify, a No vote as in a vote to stay. Would that re-energise UKIP?

Ah, possibly? But I think not if it's as resounding as it may be.

And I think Yes has already been claimed by Cameron iirc. "Should Britain remain a member of the EU?", or something along those lines.

Ah, possibly? But I think not if it's as resounding as it may be.

And I think Yes has already been claimed by Cameron iirc. "Should Britain remain a member of the EU?", or something along those lines.

Damn I was hoping it would be run on similar lines as the indy vote

I think the SNP should send loads of money via a front to England to campaign for leaving the EU and campaign for the opposite up here. All kidding aside I genuinely feel that the English will vote us out of the EU, people saying on here that 'it's unlikely to happen' etc don't get the absolute rabid foaming at the mouth xenophobia that comes from the South East of England.

That's my thoughts.

If England vote tae leave and we vote tae bide then fun and games :thumsup2

And I agree with others the SNP should strongly campaign to stay but under no circumstances share a platform with any of the Unionist parties.

they won't. And it'll come back to haunt them at the next election, as labour use the hypocrisy that 'they worked with the nasty Tories' which the snp used to get seats on Thursday. I fully expect the UK to stay in the EU by a comfortable margin.

It will be a sad and worrying day if a vote to leave the EU is cast.

The future needs to be about closeness and unity amongst countries/people's or the same old historical problems will eventually raise their head as they have again and again

they won't. And it'll come back to haunt them at the next election, as labour use the hypocrisy that 'they worked with the nasty Tories' which the snp used to get seats on Thursday. I fully expect the UK to stay in the EU by a comfortable margin.

:lol:

:bairn

At the moment, I can't see England voting to leave but we've seen how the numbers can change dramatically over a campaign, so I wouldn't take it as a given. If the anti-EU folk can make the same proportional gains from campaigning day 1 to the vote as the Yes campaign did, they'd scoosh it.

I'd imagine an overly boisterous SNP voice in the debate would have a decent influence as well, both on the Daily Mail middle Englander type and the self-loathing Scot contingent who would vote to have their house droned if the SNP were against the idea. I know there's a potential indyref 2 angle around Scotland and England voting different ways but it could be a bit of a dangerous game to play if it gets into full troll mode.

Cameron has promised a referendum but will the official Conservative line be to vote to come out?

If it is it will put them in conflict with many of their financial sponsors.

Cameron has promised a referendum but will the official Conservative line be to vote to come out?If it is it will put them in conflict with many of their financial sponsors.

Not a chance it will. Seems like Cameron wants us to stay and he wants the decision made quickly.

Be interesting to see if Ministers are allowed to vote and campaign freely, no doubt some of them want to leave.

Archived