EU Referendum

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What do you expect? This is the wummin who ignored the same eu when they told her that Scotland couldn't continue with the delightful benefits of membership post a yes vote (basically a gtf!) This is wummin that ignored the BOE and Treasury when they said no pound post a yes vote. This is the wummin that ignored the fact all the defense contracts in Rosyth and the Clyde would go south post a yes vote, Ignoring voters and facts is what this wummin does.

The wummin with nonexistent legal advice?

I'm ambivalent to the whole thing, and the vote will be a Yes anyway. So I've changed my mind

I think this will be the vote for me, that I finally draw a great big cock and balls on my ballot paper.

DeeTillEhDeh was the official cock and balls man for the indy ref, I hereby put forward my nomination to be P and B's official cock and balls man for the EU ref.

No cock and balls for me this time - will be voting Yes.

I agree. There were lots of people I encountered during the referendum who made lots of noise about being "engaged" but when chatting to them it became very clear that their engagement had got about as far as picking a side and then parroting propaganda without actually bothering to critically evaluate it for themselves.

I know loads of people who seemed to think that blindly repeating everything from Wings Over Scotland or sharing posts from Better Together's Facebook page was "engaging". There's been a lot of talk about a rise in political engagement but I think what is closer to the truth is that a lot more people care now but that hasn't yet translated into full on engagement in the sense of critical thinking and independent thought.

It was much the same during the recent election---spoke to friends of mine who were voting SNP and they weren't able to give much reason beyond "I like Nicola" or some vague notion of "want a stronger Scotland". No comprehension or understanding of the fact that Sturgeon wasn't standing during the election or what actual policies the SNP had in their manifesto, let alone any idea of the SNP's own record on things like education or health. Before the yellow-ribbon wearing fanboys jump on me for saying that the "Ah voted Labour and ah always huv" crowd are no better. Too many people in the United Kingdom base their vote on habit or because of the cult of personality surrounding the party leaders. I look forward to the day when we get beyond that.

I'll greeny this when I get on my PC.

Norway has paid in 4bn euro equivalent to the eu since 1994, enjoying the full benefits of membership without any representation in Brussels. UK has paid well over 100bn euros in the same period. Last figure I can see is 18bn euro for 2013 - 12bn of which never came back. So, if England wants out of the eu and the dolts here don't, Sturgeon wants Scotland to stay in and pay circa £2bn (our FFA pro rata share) per year when Norway, with a much higher GDP than Scotland, is paying just 400m. So, to summarise, Sturgeon, in exchange for a few paltry MEP's and 0 presence on the eu commission, is willing to give Brussels (in reality the ex Soviet bloc countries) 1bn more than Norway contributes. Seriously, this is why these SNP morons are not to be trusted. That 1bn will be debt that out children's children will have to pay for generations because we have gross incompetents controlling our politics.

Sturgeon ?, the SNP recently made it almost impossible for members to say anything against the leaders of that party or their ideology. Same as North Korea, NO dissent.

As does every other major political party you care to name. The Labour party are busy kicking members out for voting SNP, for instance.

Sturgeon doesn't speak for the whole of Scotland , she should keep her mouth shut and just let the people decide. All this absolute drivel about Scotland "being dragged out" etc, what rubbish. It won't be four individual referenda on Europe, it will be one.

Kim Jong Un.

Sturgeon ?, the SNP recently made it almost impossible for members to say anything against the leaders of that party or their ideology. Same as North Korea, NO dissent.

^^^ utterly, utterly seething

:lol: :lol:

Which one are you again?

How did they do that? Explain.

Start reading newspapers mate.

Quelle surprise.

Yet another seething Britnat unable to provide yet a shred of evidence when asked. Just so you know, the next thing that Britnat zoomers do after being unable to provide evidence is to run away, so cheerio!

Can you provide examples to show him seething?

That was easy.

He may have not fully grasped what they were doing but I see no evidence of him seething.

It's a bit of a seething exaggeration to suggest that Sturgeon will have members who disagree with her fed to dogs or strapped to the end of an anti-aircraft gun and obliterated.

Archived