EU Referendum

Cameron is basically getting told he has to absorb 600,000 migrants a year - including all the non EEA trash floating about the Med who will mostly head to Britain once processed through Italy and Greece - and pay them all benefits and meet all social costs - no compromise. I was always a firm no to membership but this snub surely means Cameron has to recommend an exit. The EU is an ugly mess with Greece just the most obvious manifestation of this truth; other southern EU states are teetering on the same precipice and the old Soviet bloc contributes nothing but a constant stream of unskilled migrants and drains subsidy from Brussels. The strongest per capita European nations remain Norway and Switzerland who have no desire to join. The best thing we (Britain) could ever do is leave the useless, undemocratic and corrupt EU. In 2013 the EU cost Britain 11bn Euro NET! We are subsiding these enlargements and backward shitholes with 11bn a year, add in the £12bn foreign aid budget we're paying £20bn a year to other countries for nothing back. I'm UKIP for a damn good reason. We only want a trade agreement, nothing else.

If leaving the EU means that we abandon paragraphs, count me out.

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In 2013 the EU cost Britain 11bn Euro NET!

That's fk all, the Tories have said we can get 12bn proper Sterling back from the disabled, elderly, working poor and unemployed. I'd rather we hit those scroungers and keep helping to create a stronger, prosperous and peaceful Europe. Not sure where you get this 600,000 figure of people coming to help pay for our pensions though.

"Pete's Frontier" getting bored of the alias, referring to non-Europeans as "trash" and working his way up to attacking Arabs and Muslims elsewhere. Faux-meltdown and inevitable banning imminent.

Cameron is basically getting told he has to absorb 600,000 migrants a year - including all the non EEA trash floating about the Med who will mostly head to Britain once processed through Italy and Greece - and pay them all benefits and meet all social costs - no compromise. I was always a firm no to membership but this snub surely means Cameron has to recommend an exit. The EU is an ugly mess with Greece just the most obvious manifestation of this truth; other southern EU states are teetering on the same precipice and the old Soviet bloc contributes nothing but a constant stream of unskilled migrants and drains subsidy from Brussels. The strongest per capita European nations remain Norway and Switzerland who have no desire to join. The best thing we (Britain) could ever do is leave the useless, undemocratic and corrupt EU. In 2013 the EU cost Britain 11bn Euro NET! We are subsiding these enlargements and backward shitholes with 11bn a year, add in the £12bn foreign aid budget we're paying £20bn a year to other countries for nothing back. I'm UKIP for a damn good reason. We only want a trade agreement, nothing else.

To quote wisbit to yourself, China wants it's wall back.

Will SNP politicians share a platform with the Tories, Labour and LibDems to promote a YES vote?

I'm sure they will, but as mentioned previously both lab and con will be divided so might not be quite so damaging as the referendum vote was to labour.

I'm sure they will, but as mentioned previously both lab and con will be divided so might not be quite so damaging as the referendum vote was to labour.

What damaged labour wasn't so much as sharing a platform with the tories. It was jumping into bed and happily allowing full penetration to occur.

Had Labour had their own campaign (dare I say it) separate from the Tories, from the start, they wouldn't be in as much of a mess as they are now. United with Labour was a half arsed attempt to undo the damage, but for them, it was all too little too late.

Trade would be unaffected by eu withdrawal.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/581026/Daniel-Hannan-MEP-European-Union-trade-barriers-Ukip-referendum

So what exactly do we get for our 18bn euros a year? 12bn of which goes to ex Soviet bloc states? Britain, a country with a £90bn deficit, Scotland on its own £10bn, and we pay out this fortune plus another £12bn to 'develop nations' via foreign aid. These same nations whose nationals are poring in by the day at the rate of 600,000 a year. Cameron is going to be cutting £12bn from our own welfare bill while paying out £20bn a year for the welfare of the ex Soviet bloc and places like Pakistan with its nuclear weapons. Is this sane? Should our own suffer for this? These countries have 0 'development' budgets. Anyway, there is only advantages to leaving this insane Brussels mafia.

Trade would be unaffected by eu withdrawal.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/581026/Daniel-Hannan-MEP-European-Union-trade-barriers-Ukip-referendum

So what exactly do we get for our 18bn euros a year? 12bn of which goes to ex Soviet bloc states? Britain, a country with a £90bn deficit, Scotland on its own £10bn, and we pay out this fortune plus another £12bn to 'develop nations' via foreign aid. These same nations whose nationals are poring in by the day at the rate of 600,000 a year. Cameron is going to be cutting £12bn from our own welfare bill while paying out £20bn a year for the welfare of the ex Soviet bloc and places like Pakistan with its nuclear weapons. Is this sane? Should our own suffer for this? These countries have 0 'development' budgets. Anyway, there is only advantages to leaving this insane Brussels mafia.

More romanian aids victims needed in todays story from pete

If the alternative to the EU is the status Norway has of being in economically but staying out of the political project most of the stuff Nigel and co complain about where freedom of movement is concerned still applies. If it genuinely means stepping away economically as well the UK will be damaged in a big way economically. Don't think this can sensibly boiled down to a two way question unless you know what No results in.

The yes side has the advantage of having the status quo. Meaning they can play the fear of the unknown card, which the likes of Darling was the master at using during the referendum. However, the no side will be able to use examples like Norway, Switzerland and Iceland to their advantage and will have media outlets who will fight their corner for them. However, it's highly likely the BBC will be strongly pro EU, which has been all too evident in recent times and shows in the opinion polls. I don't expect turnouts like we had for the referendum last year, but they will be higher compared to the previous election.

If the alternative to the EU is the status Norway has of being in economically but staying out of the political project most of the stuff Nigel and co complain about where freedom of movement is concerned still applies. If it genuinely means stepping away economically as well the UK will be damaged in a big way economically. Don't think this can sensibly boiled down to a two way question unless you know what No results in.

Damaged in a big way economically how? We're paying 10bn euros net just for membership, sucking in 600k migrants annually, have a massive housing shortage as a result and huge pressures on public services and a shrinking tax base as these people hardly pay anything in. The trade will continue unaffected by coming out, no trade barriers will go up, and we will renegotiate a deal like Norway has. We need to control our borders surely.

Aside from the EEA, all those Muslim and African migrants in the Med, tens of thousands a week, are going to try and come here under freedom of movement for free benefits, health and housing. You do realise this? I know the vast majority will end up in England but it's still unacceptable that Britain is a dumping ground because of the eu, an undemocratic and wasteful enterprise. Just look at the impact of the Common Fisheries Policy on Scotland. That alone is grounds for no.

Really not too concerned about the economic benefits, freedom of movement is my main reason for voting Yes atm.

I had a look into this. It looks like a no vote would likely mean being in the EEA, which is the same status Iceland, Norway and Liechtenstein have. Essentially we would still have to pay into the EU, but have no MEP's. However in exchange we don't have to implement any directives or be tied into or prevented from doing our own trade deals and finally you get freedom of movement within the EU. All explained within the video below.

Sturgeon doesn't speak for the whole of Scotland , she should keep her mouth shut and just let the people decide. All this absolute drivel about Scotland "being dragged out" etc, what rubbish. It won't be four individual referenda on Europe, it will be one.

Sturgeon doesn't speak for the whole of Scotland , she should keep her mouth shut and just let the people decide. All this absolute drivel about Scotland "being dragged out" etc, what rubbish. It won't be four individual referenda on Europe, it will be one.

^^^^^^

Not enjoying the journey

I totally agree. Imagine the First Minister of Scotland offering an opinion on something like this! To hear her speak you would think the party she led had just got almost 50% of the vote in a General Election during which she made the same statements that she's making now!! The sheer audacity of the woman. :angry:

Archived