EU Referendum

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think Nicola Sturgeon's arguement that all four countries in the UK would need to vote in favour of leaving for that decision to be valid.

I do think, however, that if the UK as a whole voted to leave and the majority of those on Scotland wanted to stay then it would be valid grounds for a further Independence referendum.

It wasnt the will of scottish voters it was the will of those that were allowed to vote (quite rightly) in our indy ref,and they cant even give that choice to those that live work and pay taxes here

You are comparing apples and pears, chap. I like Nicola. I am also thoroughly committed to Britain's continuing membership of The EU.

I said before the recent GE that her 'Tories oot' bollocks was the best recruiting sergeant for Cameron that middle-England could get. I was right. She showed poor judgement then and she is showing poor judgement now.

She should try and rise above petty partisanship and use her excellent ability to say why our continuing membership of the EU is important and stop trying to make it all about an issue that we have dealt with by plebiscite.

We are not represented in the EU as four separate nations, we have one combined vote across the UK.

Sturgeon cannot 'demand' to veto that decision. Cameron should go for it asap anyway and put it to bed for good, there's no way we'll vote to leave.

Cameron perhaps took a risk on the Scottish Ref, but I trust his judgement on this.

What happened to the line, being 'ruled from Edinburgh not London' btw!? I take it remote rule from Brussels is ok though!?

We are represented by individual MEPs. Are you therefore suggesting that it should be based on European constituencies?

We are represented by individual MEPs. Are you therefore suggesting that it should be based on European constituencies?

A Referendum on EU membership won't be decided on voting for individual MEP's and their own stance on IN/OUT will it?

One vote YES or NO across the whole of the UK Electorate. This isn't a vote for a political party, who is Nicola Sturgeon to deny the democratic wish of the British People, irrespective of the outcome ??

There are thousands of dangerous foreign elements in the UK that cannot be deported because of HR and the EU's failure to agree repatriation within the EEA. Many are in Scotland committing offenses against Scots, but never mind, some pensioners are in Spain after all. Sit back and do nowt, usually best. Just let them all in.

Look on the bright side folks, it the rest of the UK usurps our vote and leaves, it could trigger another referendum here.

Looking at the in/out trends it's clear people are becoming more favourable of it in recent times.

OveralEU-3.png

What should also be taken into account is the large "don't know" section. Which indicates a large number of people's lack knowledge of what the EU does and how it works.

Unsurprisingly the better your personal finances are, and the more optimistic you are about the next 12 months. The more likely you are to be in favour of the EU. So if a recession happens either here or another Eurozone crisis erupts, then that will certainly tilt the vote towards an out.

EUEcon-4.png

Bizarre. Nothing about the bloke's post would suggest that.

"We are not represented in the EU as four separate nations, we have one combined vote across the UK. "

Perhaps you can explain how we are represented with this one vote.

"We are not represented in the EU as four separate nations, we have one combined vote across the UK. "

Perhaps you can explain how we are represented with this one vote.

June 5th 1975, Britain’s voters collectively opted to stay in the EU.

This is how the vote was split back then if you’re interested, surprising to note that we were far more against remaining in the EU than voters down south?

Scotland: 58.4% For, 41.6% Against

England: 68.7% For, 31.3% Against

Wales: 64.8% For, 35.1% Against

Northern Ireland: 52.1% For, 47.9% Against

TOTAL: 67.2% (17,378,581) for, 32.8% (8,470,073) against;

Turnout 64.5%

I'm ambivalent to the whole thing, and the vote will be a Yes anyway. So I've changed my mind

I think this will be the vote for me, that I finally draw a great big cock and balls on my ballot paper.

DeeTillEhDeh was the official cock and balls man for the indy ref, I hereby put forward my nomination to be P and B's official cock and balls man for the EU ref.

The sun :lol:

Problem is that international trade agreements are f**king complicated but "court in strasbourg says we have to keep nasty evil bad men" is incredibly easy to understand.

Think of your average person, and then remember that roughly 50% of people are less smart than that. There is a serious danger that enough people will fall for this nonsense.

I'm ambivalent to the whole thing, and the vote will be a Yes anyway. So I've changed my mind

I think this will be the vote for me, that I finally draw a great big cock and balls on my ballot paper.

DeeTillEhDeh was the official cock and balls man for the indy ref, I hereby put forward my nomination to be P and B's official cock and balls man for the EU ref.

It will be a fair representation and reflection of what we will have had to endure in the lead up to the ref from both sides of the argument, and none of us will be none the f*ckin wiser, so I think that's a fair approach !!

Archived