EU Referendum

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My wife is not a British citizen but has an eu passport and she voted in the general election.

I expect you to report her to the police first thing in the morning.

There must have been some sort of mix up as an Austrian citizen should not be able to vote at a General Election.

I expect you to report her to the police first thing in the morning.

There must have been some sort of mix up as an Austrian citizen should not be able to vote at a General Election.

On my way there now. Hopefully she gets deported.

Go and have a look at her passport again, she is definitely not Australian?

She's never had a polling card for general elections before (but has for all the rest including the referendum). I was quite surprised when she got one this time but it was another vote for the snp so wasn't complaining.

It was probably a mistake but she thinks her 14 years of good service to the country mean she shouldn't have to resign her residency. The authorities are free to have an investigation in which case she will deny all knowledge of the polling card incident until a whack of money has been spent, at which point she will admit it and carry on as normal, everybody deserves a second chance.

She's never had a polling card for general elections before (but has for all the rest including the referendum). I was quite surprised when she got one this time but it was another vote for the snp so wasn't complaining.

It was probably a mistake but she thinks her 14 years of good service to the country mean she shouldn't have to resign her residency. The authorities are free to have an investigation in which case she will deny all knowledge of the polling card incident until a whack of money has been spent, at which point she will admit it and carry on as normal, everybody deserves a second chance.

That rings a bell :lol: :lol: :thumsup2

Is this the right bit of the forum to discuss Wee Nicola's absurd idea that, "That the UK should only withdraw from the EU if there was a majority in favour of exit in all four nations of the UK."? Has it been done elsewhere?

I don't want to start a thread on it as it's so ludicrous a thought.

Is this the right bit of the forum to discuss Wee Nicola's absurd idea that, "That the UK should only withdraw from the EU if there was a majority in favour of exit in all four nations of the UK."? Has it been done elsewhere?

I don't want to start a thread on it as it's so ludicrous a thought.

Why is it ludicrous?Arent we all equal partners in the union(copyright every unionist nawbag last year?

Why is it ludicrous?Arent we all equal partners in the union(copyright every unionist nawbag last year?

We are, of course, one United Kingdom. This is what Scotland bought in to only a few months ago. We don't have a federalist system of government.

Nicola is simply making mischief or ignoring the well-expressed will of Scottish voters.

We are, of course, one United Kingdom. This is what Scotland bought in to only a few months ago. We don't have a federalist system of government.

Nicola is simply making mischief or ignoring the well-expressed will of Scottish voters.

"4 nations of equal partners to make our United kingdom",(Cameron at standard life)if 2 or 3 nations want to stay in and 1 wants to leave then how is it fair?Are we not now equal partners?It wasnt the will of scottish voters it was the will of those that were allowed to vote (quite rightly) in our indy ref,and they cant even give that choice to those that live work and pay taxes here

She's making mischief, plaid were at it last week as well i think, it seems reasonable politics tho, either the desired position of staying in the EU is made more likely by only needing 1 region to vote stay. Or the 'Scotland/Wales is different' line becomes stronger.

What do you expect? This is the wummin who ignored the same eu when they told her that Scotland couldn't continue with the delightful benefits of membership post a yes vote (basically a gtf!) This is wummin that ignored the BOE and Treasury when they said no pound post a yes vote. This is the wummin that ignored the fact all the defense contracts in Rosyth and the Clyde would go south post a yes vote, Ignoring voters and facts is what this wummin does.

And all they bank jobs an a' ye forgot aw they bank jobs moving tae Lundin.

Facts :lol:

Financial services is the term you want, min. Your sheep shaggin jobs would have been okay though, min, Brent Crude down from $120 to $65 a barrel at present. Are you on the Aldi tills yet? :lol: Facts, min, facts.

We are not represented in the EU as four separate nations, we have one combined vote across the UK.

Sturgeon cannot 'demand' to veto that decision. Cameron should go for it asap anyway and put it to bed for good, there's no way we'll vote to leave.

Cameron perhaps took a risk on the Scottish Ref, but I trust his judgement on this.

What happened to the line, being 'ruled from Edinburgh not London' btw!? I take it remote rule from Brussels is ok though!?

Archived