Unionist Seethe

FuzzyAffro

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

didn't say they would, more that she was talking out her arse before the election, just like clegg did.

Doing huge damage to the party is pretty central to something being a 'tuition fees moment'. This won't damage the SNP in the slightest and nobody but a handful of foaming that the mouth britnats gives a f**k.

Doing huge damage to the party is pretty central to something being a 'tuition fees moment'. This won't damage the SNP in the slightest and nobody but a handful of foaming that the mouth britnats gives a f**k.

It's excellent this U Turn has come around so quickly.

Saves us from the Nat clown contingent whining about politicians of other parties going back on their stated positions.

Good news!

^^^sobbing uncontrollably because saint Nicola is just like all the other politicians

^^^sobbing uncontrollably because saint Nicola is just like all the other politicians

Unlike every other politician in this country, she and her party can command 50% of the electorate on a whim. Unlucky

This is the new Unionist line of attack? We've gone from "Turgid", past "Nippy sweetie", through "Most dangerous woman in a Britain" via assorted nazi comparisons and threats, and we've arrived at "b..b...but she's just like the other politicians"?

Well I see the Unionists have won this particular argument. We may as well all pack up and go home.

It's still not a damaging moment for the SNP like you implied. Can see why you're trying to deflect from your idiotic statement.

This is the new Unionist line of attack? We've gone from "Turgid", past "Nippy sweetie", through "Most dangerous woman in a Britain" via assorted nazi comparisons and threats, and we've arrived at "b..b...but she's just like the other politicians"?

Well I see the Unionists have won this particular argument. We may as well all pack up and go home.

I've always said they are like any other politicians - and I stand by that.

That's based on my own personal experience - they are the biggest political opportunists since Blair's New Labour.

That all being said, unlike New Labour they actually seem to have some competence about them.

I've always said they are like any other politicians - and I stand by that.

That's based on my own personal experience - they are the biggest political opportunists since Blair's New Labour.

That all being said, unlike New Labour they actually seem to have some competence about them.

There is actually a lot to attack the SNP on. Their authoritarian stance, their half arsed environmentalism, the shambles that is the named person policy (not the policy itself, but the lack of clarity behind it), average speed cameras on the fucking A9, the police, the police, the police targeting people going just over the speed limit, the lack of a council tax replacement, in fact, the lack of anything really ambitious in domestic terms. The SNP are coming perilously close to losing both my votes rather than just one.

Two things though, despite all that, I never read anything constructive when it comes to attack. Its nothing but "SNP bad", "cybernatzzz" pish. The few decent attacks dont gain traction because the media have become a mockery. Furthermore, there is nothing constructive offered. What will Labour do? "SNP BAAADDD", how about the Tories? "SNP baaaddd", and thw Lie Dems? "We are all liars, resign, SNP baad". They are jokes. The SNP are head and shoulders above while being mediocre domestically.

And the second thing, for all that I said about the SNP's policy, one thing keeps me willing to give them my first vote, Nicola Sturgeon. Years back, in 2013, I saw her at the indy rally in Edinburgh on the hill, and before hand, she was mingling and glad handing people, just like in May. On the hill, she gave a speech that was one of the best there, outshining Salmond. Sturgeon being a good FM is not a surprise to many of us. We knew, even back when she was being called "Turgid" and mocked. I believe in Nicola Sturgeon, I think she comes across excellently, that her heart is in the right place, that she has certain principles, and I believe she is far more popular than the SNP. I honestly believe she could be easily Scotland's greatest FM, and that she is not just another politician, but that she is an outstanding politician.

Im off to start a cult!

New Labour were hugely competent.

That's why Tony Blair won 3 elections. They were an absolute machine.

There is actually a lot to attack the SNP on. Their authoritarian stance, their half arsed environmentalism, the shambles that is the named person policy (not the policy itself, but the lack of clarity behind it), average speed cameras on the fucking A9, the police, the police, the police targeting people going just over the speed limit, the lack of a council tax replacement, in fact, the lack of anything really ambitious in domestic terms. The SNP are coming perilously close to losing both my votes rather than just one.

Two things though, despite all that, I never read anything constructive when it comes to attack. Its nothing but "SNP bad", "cybernatzzz" pish. The few decent attacks dont gain traction because the media have become a mockery. Furthermore, there is nothing constructive offered. What will Labour do? "SNP BAAADDD", how about the Tories? "SNP baaaddd", and thw Lie Dems? "We are all liars, resign, SNP baad". They are jokes. The SNP are head and shoulders above while being mediocre domestically.

And the second thing, for all that I said about the SNP's policy, one thing keeps me willing to give them my first vote, Nicola Sturgeon. Years back, in 2013, I saw her at the indy rally in Edinburgh on the hill, and before hand, she was mingling and glad handing people, just like in May. On the hill, she gave a speech that was one of the best there, outshining Salmond. Sturgeon being a good FM is not a surprise to many of us. We knew, even back when she was being called "Turgid" and mocked. I believe in Nicola Sturgeon, I think she comes across excellently, that her heart is in the right place, that she has certain principles, and I believe she is far more popular than the SNP. I honestly believe she could be easily Scotland's greatest FM, and that she is not just another politician, but that she is an outstanding politician.

Im off to start a cult!

Needed all that time off to compile a decent post kind of post.

Fuzzy Afro?

Are you suggesting that this incarnation of XBL isn't the real thing, and is actually Supras trying to play some sort of alias double bluff?

Doubt it - not enough "be specifics" in xbl's post.

On the other hand...

Dear Sir,

I am writing to you in regards to an article in today’s Scotsman containing myself and my food bank petition.

I feel very let down by this article. When I was first contacted, I was led to believe the content of my petition would be the main emphasis of the story.

One of the questions I was asked was about the reaction to my petition, which I said it had generally been positive but I did receive backlash from SNP supporters and when asked, I gave a few examples of this.

This seems to have been rather naive of me and in no way did I think this would be the main emphasis of the story. I feel betrayed and let down by this.

I did not think for a second the whole story would be twisted in the manner it was. I anticipated there would be some backlash to my petition and I’m big and ugly enough to deal with that. But I was led to believe the story would focus on the difficulty people have signing petitions on the Scottish Parliament website and the problem this causes for many people.

I feel you have taken my story and unfairly and unjustly twisted it in a particular manner which has not done my petition any good at all. The article barely even mentions the details of my petition nor does it even promote it.

I want this article taken down with immediate effect.

I look forward to hearing from you

Best wishes

John Beattie”

Archived