Unionist Seethe

FuzzyAffro

They're wide open for the absolutely correct criticism coming their way. Especially after taking a stance before.

I don't think I'd be that bothered if they never did that.

They get attacked so often now from the other parties. I'm not so sure it will make a difference

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why?

Sturgeon (Feb 2015) :- "The SNP have a longstanding position of not voting on matters that purely affect England - such as foxhunting south of the border for example - and we stand by that"

Obviously by "stand by that" she really meant "will go back on this position as and when we want to"

They get attacked so often now from the other parties. I'm not so sure it will make a difference

Has there been good reason before though?

Some of the backlash has been worth it though. Genuinely hilarious stuff.

The whole unionist population? What is that in Scotland? There's no fucking way it's 55 percent of folk.

I can think of a handful of people that voted no I know that would claim to be unionists.

You've been worse than me for commenting all over these threads lately. The time of year must have brought it out of you

As opposed to yourself, who is just like this all the time. :whistle

Sturgeon (Feb 2015) :- "The SNP have a longstanding position of not voting on matters that purely affect England - such as foxhunting south of the border for example - and we stand by that"

Obviously by "stand by that" she really meant "will go back on this position as and when we want to"

sturgeons 'tuition fees' moment.

Yeh same thing really :lol: Whatever you say about SNP flip flopping, they are morally right to oppose fox hunting in England and Wales

So why have they never done it in Scotland?

Could it just be that the SNP do not see this as a priority? Its not as if they were voting on a bill brought forward by the SNP.

The Tories made the proposal, the SNP made their position known.

I am sure that the same would be the case if a Conservative MSPs made it a priority in Scotland.

Seriously, the question is surely why this was even brought to the house this soon after an election. We seemingly just had a need for an emergency budget but we have plenty parliamentary time for this?

'The second reason is that actually this debate over the past debate has thrown a spotlight onto Scotland’s foxhunting law because what the Conservative government are saying is they’re simply bringing the English law into line with the Scottish law – that’s made a lot of people in Scotland think ‘shouldn’t we be tightening up our law to bring it into line with English law as it stands’. Inevitably there will now be a look at the Scottish law and what we will be looking at is whether the current English law is better and actually there is an interest for us, then, in making sure the English law stays as it is.'

Maybe just not been a priority. I can't say I ever knew myself until recently that England had tighter restrictions

The funny thing is, all the SNP have done is played chicken with a majority government. They have not actually done any u-turn, or voted on any English (and Welsh) matter which as there is no English Parliament nor Members of an English Parliament they are more than entitled to do so.

But lets be honest, the SEETHE from the Unionsts is lovely, especially the ones that in May were seething at the fact SNP were going to abstain

The Mail one is especially apoplectic - bits of it read like a Victorian pulp novel:

"They want the English to say: 'Be off with you! And good riddance!'"

July-18-2014-06-06-08-df.jpg

Archived