Unionist Seethe

FuzzyAffro

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There has been a lot of seethe, but I think its down to things not going exactly the way the no voters had been hoping after the referendum. The SNP have still come out on top, running the Scottish parliament and speaking for Scotland within Westminister, I suspect most had been hoping the no vote would have killed them off as a real political force.

The snp and a yes vote were two different things so we kept getting told throughout the referendum campaign , I don't think I ever came to the conclusion that a no vote would mean an end to snp , I think their was always a chance that the snp were always going to wide the nationalist tide after the referendum regardless of the outcome

All these SNP voters who hit out with stuff like, no voters must feel like idiots now because Cameron broke his promises etc. Do you seriously believe we voted no purely based on a couple of bollocks promises made to sway undecided plonkers?

What exactly is going on.. Britnat seethe from a user who doesn't exist:blink:

There has been a lot of seethe, but I think its down to things not going exactly the way the no voters had been hoping after the referendum. The SNP have still come out on top, running the Scottish parliament and speaking for Scotland within Westminister, I suspect most had been hoping the no vote would have killed them off as a real political force.

Eh, plenty of No voters will have voted SNP in the last general election. Plenty of No voters voted for the SNP at the last Holyrood elections.

Apart from that, great post.

All these SNP voters who hit out with stuff like, no voters must feel like idiots now because Cameron broke his promises etc. Do you seriously believe we voted no purely based on a couple of bollocks promises made to sway undecided plonkers?

My Team:Rangers
My Team:Rangers
My Team: "Glasgow University"

Why did youse vote no? In honour of Michael Stone. He was a brave man.

Eh, plenty of No voters will have voted SNP in the last general election. Plenty of No voters voted for the SNP at the last Holyrood elections.

Apart from that, great post.

I trust you have a reliable source for this ludicrous statement?

Survation polling commissioned by the SNP

Blimey, I love how you trust this source to suit your own argument when usually you wouldn't go near anything like this :lol:

In any case in my experience, the Yes/No divide has barely moved on a jot either way since last September and if we were to have another referendum tomorrow the result would be the same.

I'm not sure what cataclysmic event could persuade literally tens of thousands of No voters to suddenly switch sides.

The decisions the Tories have taken recently regarding their budget, the Scotland Bill and EVEL hasn't even registered for No voters I know personally. Either that or it's brought about this reaction:

giphy.gif

I'm not sure what cataclysmic event could persuade literally tens of thousands of No voters to suddenly switch sides.

I'm not sure what your point is here. You are correct, another referendum tomorrow would see No win comprehensively again.

That doesn't stop No voters voting for the SNP. Which they did in the last Holyrood elections, they did in May and they will do again in 2016. I voted SNP in 2011 but No in the referendum.

A vote for the SNP in an election isn't a vote for Independence. It's really not that difficult.

Plus there's no such thing as a definitive "No" voter. There is someone who voted No in a specific referendum at a specific point in time. No voters are a savvy bunch. If conditions changed in a year's time, ot 2 years or 5, there might conceivably be a Yes.

“The abusive comments on my Twitter account were things like ‘You’re making the SNP government looking bad’, ‘It’s not their fault’ and ‘Why don’t you go and do some research?’.

f**k me, how awful.

Given this complete stretch of a statement, I'm going to go ahead and wait for some actual evidence on this one.

“It seems to be that for some SNP supporters, independence should come regardless of the cost and it doesn’t matter about the human collateral.

I do wonder when these "cybernat" stories are supposed to hit home and start turning the Scottish electorate against the SNP. It doesn't exacly appear to be working.

Archived