New Scottish Labour Leader

~~~

I also find it funny they're telling people they had the better policies..

Which to me implies it's the voters who are in the wrong. Not them

Maybe they did indeed have better policies

We'd never have known though because they didn't shut up about the referendum long enough to tell us anything else.

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It didn't really help that every time Murphy invented some new progressive policy to bash the SNP over the head with, Chukka Umunna showed up on Newsnight to say that it wasn't approved of by the head office.

I hear murmurs that the mansion tax is next on the chopping block, given that the south of England is currently solid blue outside of Brighton. They'll be supporting fucking fox hunting next.

100% correct.

I've heard it all from SLab:

"The Scottish people have spoken and we need to listen"

"We're capable of change"

"We need a time to reflect and see how we can rebuild"

Yet, when you look at the Twitter feeds for the usual Labour monkeys - McTernan, McDougall, Hothersall, Dugdale etc, it's still mainly "SNP bad".

They haven't a fucking clue.

100% correct.

Search on you tube for the Labour Reaction to the 2007 and 2011 Elections. You could be forgiven for thinking it was their reaction to last week.

They haven't listened, they've just got angrier and less popular. Something that started well before the referendum!

Besides, having better policies in itself doesn't make you a better party. The Lib Dems had the best policies of the lot in 2010 and proceeded to f**k their voters up the arse.

It's a combination of policies and trustworthiness. Labour may be a 7/10 on policies but they're a -900000000001/10 for trustworthiness.

I think she'll actually be a much better campaigner than Murphy, given that she's not an aggressive mutant, but her lack of any actual personal convictions other than SNP BAD is going to get shown up as badly as it does at FMQs.

It didn't really help that every time Murphy invented some new progressive policy to bash the SNP over the head with, Chukka Umunna showed up on Newsnight to say that it wasn't approved of by the head office.

I hear murmurs that the mansion tax is next on the chopping block, given that the south of England is currently solid blue outside of Brighton. They'll be supporting fucking fox hunting next.

Give Labour time and it'll be "we welcome the government's lifting of the fox hunting ban but we don't believe it goes far enough" before advocating for national service whereby every 18-20 yo not in education or training has to personally cull the fox population.

Dugdale was dreadful at FMQ's yesterday and kept on the SNP bad theme. Got into a fuddle over tuition fees and was correctly hounded down for her comments.

She won't make a difference on her own as leader, the party in Scotland needs to change drastically. How they do that I don't know...

Dugdale is woeful.

Opposed free-tuition frees as 'right-wing'. (??!!) Opposed BBC Alba on Freeview in favour of Book at Bedtime.... Still hasn't taken action on Ian Smart.

Archived