Independence is now the only option for Scotland

Sevcos suddenly out of banter as they get their Tory government and remember that it does not give one single solitary f**k about any of them. eBay is going to be rammed full of used butcher's aprons today.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sooner rather than later.

Let's see what the Tories do on EVEL now they have an absolute majority. If they go overboard on that and change the landscape significantly from what people thought they were getting with a NO, the SNP will be within their rights to include a referendum in the 2016 manifesto.

Sevcos suddenly out of banter as they get their Tory government and remember that it does not give one single solitary f**k about any of them. eBay is going to be rammed full of used butcher's aprons today.

What has this got to do with rangers ? Honestly their is a whole sub-forum to discuss us , post there if you must

What has this got to do with rangers ? Honestly their is a whole sub-forum to discuss us , post there if you must

The SNP are not getting 60% or so in the more council scheme-orientated constituences in and around Glasgow without a lot of Rangers supporters (maybe not the real hardcore in most cases but definitely the armchair fan) voting for them.

I hate to say it, but forever-blue and sparky actually have a point.

I want independence.... which means we will have to win independence... which means we have to win a lot more folk over.

Sparky and forever_blue aren't acting it. There are people who have a genuine heartfelt attachment to the Union. God knows why, but one must accept differences of opinion.

Suddenly crowing about the imminent dissolution of the UK the morning after we got an unexpectedly gallus result is not going to win us any new friends.

New friends is what we need. We've already got the old ones.

At the risk of sounding like the kind of Hitler-obsessed ScotsNat that Ian Smart used to enjoy fantasizing about in his internet-assisted dotage, we cannot afford to throw away what little tactical advantage we have gained here on some impressive but premature "brave and futile" Battle Of The Bulge-style gesture.

Hang back. Consolidate. Check the lay of the land. Only march when ready.

And other such fannyish military metaphors.

On the issue of a second referendum Nicola Sturgeon chose her words very carefully during this campaign and never deviated from them.

THIS election was not about a seconded referendum and it would take something 'material' for it to be included in the manifesto for the 2016 Holyrood one.

Over 51% of people who voted in Scotland in this election voted for anti-austerity parties - the SNP and the Greens. The Tories with less than 37% of the UK wide vote have won an outright majority and will impose further swingeing cuts.

If that's not 'material' then I don't know what is.

If the Tories abuse their majority to impose a harsh new taxation environment on Scotland combined with removing most of the voting rights of Scottish MPs, public opinion in Scotland could shift significantly on the referendum question over the next few months with Devomax orientated people giving up on the Union. If the Tories are moderate and sensible, the SNP would be unwise to push the issue again so soon. My gut instinct is that the Tories are going to abuse their majority position.

Seeing the Tories get in with a majority is absolutely terrifying. Personally, I'd rank that as a material change. Nicola won't, though.

Incredible people still think there is any difference what so ever with labour and conservative. Terrifying

Different masks on the same face

UDI is never going to happen and rightly so.

The way the English leaders are speaking today, you'd think they're expecting another referendum

If the Tories abuse their majority to impose a harsh new taxation environment on Scotland combined with removing most of the voting rights of Scottish MPs, public opinion in Scotland could shift significantly on the referendum question over the next few months with Devomax orientated people giving up on the Union. If the Tories are moderate and sensible, the SNP would be unwise to push the issue again so soon. My gut instinct is that the Tories are going to abuse their majority position.

^^^^ Nailed it. IMO the result has given the the MORAL right to have another referendum; how the Tory government acts will determine whether we will have the ELECTORAL imperative.

Michael Gove told the Leveson inquiry that if the Tories got a second term, he would feel justified in bringing the private sector into the education system in England and Wales.

Upon becoming Education Secretary, his very first meeting was with Rupert Murdoch, and many of his subsequent meetings were with Rupert too.

Murdoch's education company is already deeply embedded in the American schools system. It's not a force for good.

It's mentioned in this vid, briefly:

It will only be another 9-10 months here in Scotland before we go through all this bitching , snarling shouting and balling again with the scottish election . I am starting to forget what a quiet political year is like

Im looking forward to the break

It will only be another 9-10 months here in Scotland before we go through all this bitching , snarling shouting and balling again with the scottish election . I am starting to forget what a quiet political year is like

Civil war soon IMO

I'm gonna fucking smash your puss fb

Archived