5 more years of the Tories

FlyerTon

Do you imagine that Fixed Term Parliament Act will be scrapped at some point in the parliament due to the fact there isn't any need to protect the government from a coalition partner anymore? Considering it would allow the Tories to call an election when it's most favourable, I'd imagine it would be in their interests to do so?

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The number of folk from England lamenting yet another Tory administration suggests to me the SNP standing as a legitimate alternative (as once did the Lib Dems) to Conservatives and Conservative-lite. You'd get all the disaffected Labour voters - the Billy Bragg vote, if you will.

The folk singer demographic will be key in years to come imo.

Yeah, the nation in question is Scotland champ. Who cares about Liverpool and Cardiff, those nations can sort themselves out.

Are you saying that an independent Scotland should stop giving aid to the poor in other countries? Do you not care about them? Or is your hatred of non-Scots limited to the English and Welsh?

Do you imagine that Fixed Term Parliament Act will be scrapped at some point in the parliament due to the fact there isn't any need to protect the government from a coalition partner anymore? Considering it would allow the Tories to call an election when it's most favourable, I'd imagine it would be in their interests to do so?

yes. It was only brought in to ensure the coalition would last 5 years without any thought given to it's application in the firure .

It escaped my notice when they passed it, surprising for such a radical change to the constitution to support a minority Tory Government albeit in coalition with the Lib Dems. I hope they do, not least to go back to 3 week election campaigns instead of getting to Groundhog Day 42 like last Wednesday.

First thing on the Tory cards is reform of the odious human rights act, many of the 12,500 foreign criminals costing billions a year to house in the prison system will soon be getting deportation. Nippy won't be happy no doubt, potential 'new Scots' getting shown the door. Fuming.

Ian duncan smith has been confirmed to continue as work and pensions secretary

Even closer to independence now.

How many disabled people do you think he will try to kill this time?

Are you saying that an independent Scotland should stop giving aid to the poor in other countries? Do you not care about them? Or is your hatred of non-Scots limited to the English and Welsh?

Yawn. I can't be bothered refuting pish.

Simple questions, not pish, that you refuse to answer. That's most unlike you so I'll assume that your answer is Yes.

Are you happy for the taxes and resources of Scotland to subsidise public life in every other country in the world, or just England,Wales and N Ireland?

Or do you hate every country you don't want your own to be paying for and governed by?

I care about England and Wales as much as I do about France and Argentina. All the best but not enough to get 15% of my wage packet and allow them to run my country. Only in the warped mind of a Britnat does that mean I hate England and Wales, and only in the UK are (Scottish) people made to feel ashamed of prioritising their country over others.

Its utter shite not worthy of reply.

The aid question is fatuous pish.

Are you happy for the taxes and resources of Scotland to subsidise public life in every other country in the world, or just England,Wales and N Ireland?

Or do you hate every country you don't want your own to be paying for and governed by?

I care about England and Wales as much as I do about France and Argentina. All the best but not enough to get 15% of my wage packet and allow them to run my country. Only in the warped mind of a Britnat does that mean I hate England and Wales, and only in the UK are (Scottish) people made to feel ashamed of prioritising their country over others.

Its utter shite not worthy of reply.

The aid question is fatuous pish.

Well said Fuzzy :thumsup2

Ian duncan smith has been confirmed to continue as work and pensions secretary

Even closer to independence now.

Jim Murphy's favourite Tory, fact.

Which current non-Labour MP do you most admire and why?

Iain Duncan Smith. He had a terrible time as Tory leader but has had the personal strength to bounce back, which I admire. Also, even though I don’t agree with many of his reforms, he came to Glasgow and seems to have had an awakening about poverty.

http://labour-uncut.co.uk/2011/05/03/knowing-me-knowing-jim-murphy/

Bedroom tax set to be increased and many benefits frozen.

Also highest rate of income tax levelled to 40%.

Camoron hates the poor and disadvantaged :(

First thing on the Tory cards is reform of the odious human rights act, many of the 12,500 foreign criminals costing billions a year to house in the prison system will soon be getting deportation. Nippy won't be happy no doubt, potential 'new Scots' getting shown the door. Fuming.

You'll be gutted to hear that the Tories don't have the power to "reform" the human rights act in Scotland.

Nae luck.

Utter rubbish. What about the food banks and poor in Newcastle, Liverpool Cardiff etc?? Dont make out like you give a f**k about the poor people as we all know poverty has no borders.

f**k you. I've spent a ton of time and money helping out the underprivileged. f**k you again. Piece of shit.

Utter rubbish. What about the food banks and poor in Newcastle, Liverpool Cardiff etc?? Dont make out like you give a f**k about the poor people as we all know poverty has no borders.

Unfortunately the SNP can't help anyone that stays there m9

Really not difficult to understand

A lot of evidence to say there are a fair number of SNP who are more concerned with independence than social justice. Fair to say?

Yes.

Simply because it is increasingly apparent that independence is necessary in order to assist Scotlands economic and social growth.

Yes.

Simply because it is increasingly apparent that independence is necessary in order to assist Scotlands economic and social growth.

We had a 'once in a generation' vote last year. 55% said no. And business opposed the SNP root and branch, and still do, The business people I met last year who were remotely soft on independence all accepted it would mean years of hardship, very likely in the Euro which means no fiscal control and higher costs for export businesses.

Social growth sounds like spending and benefits to me. Scotland has plenty of that already but you want more. Where the money is coming from, who knows.

Archived