Transfer Window

jimmy grimble

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Muhsin would get in any team of mine.I take it he fancies another shot at LL. Good signing by City.

Unbelievable I can't believe Citeh tapping up our player before he's out of contract! ;)

Grimbo

City to walk the league ...AGAIN!

They may well walk it, whilst we run away with it, ha ha ;)

Nah, don't be daft a baw's no been kicked yet, Davy.

I reckon a lot of teams will have learnt some harsh lessons from last season & will be looking to rectify the situation.

Having the pleasure of being at Ainslie Park every week & having the privilege of speaking to Sammy on numerous occasions I've been privvy to a lot of what's been going on behind the scenes at ours, so I'm well aware of where we are going as we ready ourselves for the next step up, on & off the field.

Cit-eh earned their place at the LL Champions table & that can never be taken away from them, it's no bad an achievement being the 2nd team to win the league. Maybe we should be pushing for the winner of the HL/LL Play-off to gain straight promotion with the loser going in to a play-off with the 2nd bottom finisher of the SPFL2?

There'll be a few that think that the trophy might be heading out of Edinburgh by the end of the season too & why not EK & BSC have certain added to the league, the new dark horse will be the Cumbernauld Colts this season, I for one will be looking forward to our trip out there.

Hopefully this season we can have a Lowland win over the Highland team in the play-off & have a real go at the SPFL position.

Good luck to all the LL teams & let's keep the pyramid improving the bottom end of Scottish football & hope the trickle up effect keeps on going, we already have seen the SPFL2 start to worry about the prospect of relegation & about time too.

Whatever the detractors say about our pyramid, yes it took ages to get to this point & we will develop it further in the future but we are now established & recognized by those that matter & even still spoken about by those that don't.

Welcome to the Lowland League season 3.

Grimbo

They may well walk it, whilst we run away with it, ha ha ;)

Nah, don't be daft a baw's no been kicked yet, Davy.

I reckon a lot of teams will have learnt some harsh lessons from last season & will be looking to rectify the situation.

Having the pleasure of being at Ainslie Park every week & having the privilege of speaking to Sammy on numerous occasions I've been privvy to a lot of what's been going on behind the scenes at ours, so I'm well aware of where we are going as we ready ourselves for the next step up, on & off the field.

Cit-eh earned their place at the LL Champions table & that can never be taken away from them, it's no bad an achievement being the 2nd team to win the league. Maybe we should be pushing for the winner of the HL/LL Play-off to gain straight promotion with the loser going in to a play-off with the 2nd bottom finisher of the SPFL2?

There'll be a few that think that the trophy might be heading out of Edinburgh by the end of the season too & why not EK & BSC have certain added to the league, the new dark horse will be the Cumbernauld Colts this season, I for one will be looking forward to our trip out there.

Hopefully this season we can have a Lowland win over the Highland team in the play-off & have a real go at the SPFL position.

Good luck to all the LL teams & let's keep the pyramid improving the bottom end of Scottish football & hope the trickle up effect keeps on going, we already have seen the SPFL2 start to worry about the prospect of relegation & about time too.

Whatever the detractors say about our pyramid, yes it took ages to get to this point & we will develop it further in the future but we are now established & recognized by those that matter & even still spoken about by those that don't.

Welcome to the Lowland League season 3.

Grimbo

Lets be fair Grim City had the league wrapped up half way through the season and they where by far the best team in the league they where unbeaten for a very long time! Doesnt matter if they where the 2nd team to win it they where the first to go unbeaten for a stretch and win it in style the first season Spartans where chases by Stirling Uni and wasnt much between them this season however take away Spartans very good Scottish Cup run they where very poor league and cup wise and for the all "mighty" Spartans not to win anything last season prove they need to improve for this season and as you say being behind the scenes at Spartans and seeing what has been going on they might just do that the striker Keith Murray who signed this season for Spartans is a good player and will no doubt bag most weeks seen him play a few times and hes a good striker also be interesting to see if Welfare do well with a number of there top players leaving doubt they will be the same after losing the likes of McIntosh Somerville and Kidd! Going to be an interesting league this season and may the best side win for me i can see City taking it again

#Edinburghisblackandwhite

Lets be fair Grim City had the league wrapped up half way through the season and they where by far the best team in the league they where unbeaten for a very long time! Doesnt matter if they where the 2nd team to win it they where the first to go unbeaten for a stretch and win it in style the first season Spartans where chases by Stirling Uni and wasnt much between them this season however take away Spartans very good Scottish Cup run they where very poor league and cup wise and for the all "mighty" Spartans not to win anything last season prove they need to improve for this season and as you say being behind the scenes at Spartans and seeing what has been going on they might just do that the striker Keith Murray who signed this season for Spartans is a good player and will no doubt bag most weeks seen him play a few times and hes a good striker also be interesting to see if Welfare do well with a number of there top players leaving doubt they will be the same after losing the likes of McIntosh Somerville and Kidd! Going to be an interesting league this season and may the best side win for me i can see City taking it again

I see what you are saying about City's league form but their Cup form was pretty atrocious. It's swings & roundabouts scenario. But no doubt winning the league should be the 1st goal for both our teams, Cup runs are a nice aside & course everyone wants to have a gleaming trophy cabinet.

Yous getting the Moose will certainly liven up your crowd, he's a terrific lad on & off the park. I won't be the same moany old c**t about our trips to the CLP now.

Grimbo

It's not aw aboot city and Spartans or ww for that :o

The days of Spartans or ww dominance have long gone soon folk get that in their heeds the better,it's a professional set up these days.

I reckon there's gonnae be a big push from EK and BSC this season ?

Them's the rules ref :-)

rumour is Lothian are withholding the players contracts who left for WW to block them playing pre season and demanding a wad from WW ?

If True sounds very petty from a club like Lothian

rumour is Lothian are withholding the players contracts who left for WW to block them playing pre season and demanding a wad from WW ?

If True sounds very petty from a club like Lothian

Eh? If players are under contract they can't just move to another team, no matter what league they are in. Should Hibs let Scott allan go to celtic for nothing?

It's not aw aboot city and Spartans or ww for that :o

The days of Spartans or ww dominance have long gone soon folk get that in their heeds the better,it's a professional set up these days.

I reckon there's gonnae be a big push from EK and BSC this season ?

There's a certain University team who if it wasn't for a poor start would have finished 2nd last year who could well be in the mix this season as well.

Eh? If players are under contract they can't just move to another team, no matter what league they are in. Should Hibs let Scott allan go to celtic for nothing?

Agreed , but they thought 1st of July that the contract from LAST season was expired but Lothian have them signed to 31st July ,,,,,,,,,,,,and are holding the lads and WW to ransom

either very clever and sneaky or just juvenile and a disgrace

There's a certain University team who if it wasn't for a poor start would have finished 2nd last year who could well be in the mix this season as well.

I wasn't denying other teams will be in the mix or have their number 1 priority on winning the league Rab the Red. I was merrily conversing with Davy my Cit-eh chum.

Speaking of priorities what are the Welfares going to be this coming season. Top 1/2 only finish mebbees? Possible 1/4 final Cup run?

Programme of the year is probably your best shot?

Good luck. ;)

Grimbo

I wasn't denying other teams will be in the mix or have their number 1 priority on winning the league Rab the Red. I was merrily conversing with Davy my Cit-eh chum.

Speaking of priorities what are the Welfares going to be this coming season. Top 1/2 only finish mebbees? Possible 1/4 final Cup run?

Programme of the year is probably your best shot?

Good luck. ;)

Grimbo

You missed them out completely Grimbo lets no beat aboot the bush. ;) Glad to see you you've changed your approach this year ... no giving it the Charlie big baws Champions in June ;)

Things WW will become a bit clearer come July 1st ... :)

The WW boys have all been through thick and thin Grimbo, we never blaw like you.

You've had nothing but success since you came up here, you've never seen any o the great WW teams.

Agreed , but they thought 1st of July that the contract from LAST season was expired but Lothian have them signed to 31st July ,,,,,,,,,,,,and are holding the lads and WW to ransom

either very clever and sneaky or just juvenile and a disgrace

If players sign a blank contract and then allow the club to add in all the other details they're mugs.

In this case they won't be playing any competitive games until after this date anyway so paperwork could be sent to hampden in anticipation of the start of the season.

You missed them out completely Grimbo lets no beat aboot the bush. ;) Glad to see you you've changed your approach this year ... no giving it the Charlie big baws Champions in June ;)

Things WW will become a bit clearer come July 1st ... :)

Clearer like the summer weather eh Rabby Red shoes? ;)

I hope the welfare do well but I'd put them down as a team in transition or decimated from last season eh?

Don't take this the wrong way but I will be disappointed if we don't come away with at least 6 points ;) from our 2 league fixtures.

You'll never win owt wi kids so said 1 of your former heroes & if he meant the Welfare well I don't think he'd far off the mark.

Grimbo

Really, the big question for the coming season is whether the gap between Edinburgh City and the rest can be closed up. If it can be... whether by City losing some of their edge and with it their consistency and dominance - or some of the others improving... it could be a very open league?

East Kilbride won 8, drew 2 and lost only 1 league game after Christmas as well as winning LL Cup, and seem to be recruiting experience and quality. Spartans are always rated.

Stirling went great guns after Shelley Kerr took over - 2pts from 15 in August, 35pts from 45 thereafter. Everyone seems to forget Gretna, but they finished 3rd, their main issue being too many points drops against other "big names".

Although probably not too high on people's radars to win the league you can't underestimate the old stalwarts like Whitehill or Dabeattie (only team to finish in top 4 in the last 2 seasons).

And who knows what Cumbernauld will do.

Incidentally I thought the Statto index rating (basically a club 'world ranking') trajectory of the 'top 8' since LL started was very interesting. It's an interesting form guide:

http://www.statto.com/sgs/teams-rating/A90WFwCQAADOKAUjCwELAAN0BJkK1QSpA1k

Spartans and Whitehill fans may wish to look away...

Looks decent signings for gretna too. Shaping up to be a cracker. http://gretnafc2008.blogspot.com/2015/06/gretna-fc-2008-announce-three-new.html?spref=tw
No disputing the fact these teams be right up there just think folk take ww and Spartans for granted on former successes.This is by far more difficult than any eos leagues. Everybody will raise there game against the Champions, that's par for every course and distance winner.Interesting season ahead might even start a pre season predictions thread as this is a transfer one :o

Archived