Westworld

AsimButtHitsASix

Starting to think that Ford is a robot and either killed Arnold or Arnold is part of the code as AI or a supercomputer in the maze. Whatever the maze is? It does have a man at the centre. It's possible the Scottish guy is or was Arnold. Ford seems to miss the old park and lost it when talking to Delores.

Ed Harris could be the same guy that appeared with his boss and wasn't fully into it.

Bit of a mindfuck TBH.

That's what ford said aye.

He also showed bernard a photo of himself and his 'dad' in an earlier episode when he was talking about arnold.

We were supposed to assume the picture was of ford and arnold. But now he says that guy is his dad so God knows what's going on!

I thought it was made pretty clear that the Scottish guy is robot version of Ford's father, no?

Not just a robot version of his father, but his whole family. When Ford was talking about the family holiday in Cornwall and mentions his brother, he put his hand on the shoulder of the boy who was sitting at the table as if to demonstrate that was who he was talking about.

2 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Second series has been confirmed, but could be 2018 before it airs.

I was a bit disappointed to hear this but thinking about it if it's Jan/Feb 2018 it's only a few months longer than the norm.

This is my favourite show at the moment by quite some margin, Anthony Hopkins is wonderfully menacing!

I was a bit disappointed to hear this but thinking about it if it's Jan/Feb 2018 it's only a few months longer than the norm.

This is my favourite show at the moment by quite some margin, Anthony Hopkins is wonderfully menacing!

I think the whole cast is fantastic with the exception of the English guy (but maybe he's meant to be like that [emoji6] ).

Hopkins and Newton are the standouts though.

1 hour ago, happysouth said:

I think the whole cast is fantastic with the exception of the English guy (but maybe he's meant to be like that emoji6.png ).

Hopkins and Newton are the standouts though.

I feel the same way about the wee English p***k.

The acting really is first rate throughout. Sidse Babett Knudsen in that last episode there was immense. 

Another good episode , Hopkins is a fantastic actor, hes far to good to be in a programme like this. 

The bit with the horse and the explosion was hilarious , Not sure if it was supposed to be but I laughed at that bit.

2nd season? not sure how I feel about that.... Its so good right now , the only way might be down.

29 minutes ago, mungo said:

Another good episode , Hopkins is a fantastic actor, hes far to good to be in a programme like this. 

The bit with the horse and the explosion was hilarious , Not sure if it was supposed to be but I laughed at that bit.

2nd season? not sure how I feel about that.... Its so good right now , the only way might be down.

So do you like it or not?

That post is bit schizophrenic! ;)

I have to admit I was expecting a better explosion with the horse bit. Managed to achieve the grand sum of f**k all too, every one of the 'Confederados' survived including the Gatling Gun. 

I'd gladly watch more seasons, apparently they have a 5 season plan, but there's always the danger of things getting dragged out or spread too thin.

18 minutes ago, Tommy Nooka said:

So do you like it or not?

That post is bit schizophrenic! ;)

I have to admit I was expecting a better explosion with the horse bit. Managed to achieve the grand sum of f**k all too, every one of the 'Confederados' survived including the Gatling Gun. 

I'd gladly watch more seasons, apparently they have a 5 season plan, but there's always the danger of things getting dragged out or spread too thin.

very much this.

Just looked up Hopkins on wikipedia - guys 78 now! 

I imagine this will have a bearing on how long they make the show. I know its morbid but I don't see him still being in this for long.

They could always write him out I suppose. "Fords gone on holiday" or something like that, never to be heard of again. Like they do in Neighbours and Home and Away.

4 minutes ago, mungo said:

Just looked up Hopkins on wikipedia - guys 78 now! 

I imagine this will have a bearing on how long they make the show. I know its morbid but I don't see him still being in this for long.

They could always write him out I suppose. "Fords gone on holiday" or something like that, never to be heard of again. Like they do in Neighbours and Home and Away.

They've already CGI'd him in this! :whistle

Surely they could just replace him with a Ford-bot anyway?

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Im more in fear of them going to far with the mindfuckery. Confusing the audience seems part and parcel of most shows these days, but some of them seem to take it too far, get too twisty just for the sake of it and I end up losing interest.

The show is great as a concept but by its nature it will tread a fine line between the viewer suspending reality a wee bit (I think in terms of sci fi/computer AI this is fairly belivable stuff) and going way over the score.

This happened with lost for me.

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Aye I was thinking of lost as an example but not best placed as I never watched it. Was just aware a lot of people thought they went way over the score.

It's been my biggest fear since I saw the trailer for this. Loving it at at the moment though.

I had the same fear -- the show asking two questions for every one question it answers -- but I think this week's revelation has made me less nervous, that the show isn't keeping all of its cards close to its chest. If this had been Lost, it probably wouldn't have been revealed until halfway through season three.