Westworld

AsimButtHitsASix

On 10/27/2016 at 05:22, mungo said:

Ed Harris is Arnorld?

On 10/27/2016 at 05:26, 8MileBU said:

This thought crossed my mind too!

On 10/27/2016 at 06:01, Bully Wee Villa said:

I thought he might be. Also noticed he doesn't walk with his hands in his pockets so can't be Yul Bryner!

I thought Ed Harris' character might be James Brolin from the movie:

- Been coming to the park for over 40 years

- Management stated "that man gets whatever he wants".......as he would given the original theme park nearly killed him and what he witnessed then!

fucked if I know though!

I've a feeling Bernard might be a robot and something to do with Arnold. Either his personality or some other traits.

The voice in Dolores' head may be Arnold and the scenes with Bernard are actually memories of her conversations with Arnold/Bernard, hence why she's dressed and not in her night gown when he talks to her.

Mind is mush with this program, in a good way :lol:

1 hour ago, J_Stewart said:

Anthony Hopkins was fucking sensational in that 5th episode. His sit down with Ed Harris was the scene of the series so far. Two most interesting characters in the programme in my opinion.

Agreed, but I also got goosebumps at the Hopkins scene with Dolores when she asked if they were very old friends, and he said no, he wouldn't describe like that at all. Bloody hell, that was good.

8 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

I'm enjoying it more and more despite having less and less of an idea of what the f**k is going on!

Agreed. Before that episode I was becoming increasingly convinced of the Ed Harris/William timeline theory, but pretty sure that's been ruled out now. I'll just go back to having no idea and enjoying the ride!

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Why has it been ruled out? I was getting on board with that one

I might be mistaken, but during that episode:

* William and Logan discussed the mysterious Arnold who had died before the park opened, or something along those lines, and we know this is William's first visit.

* In the conversation between Ford and MiB, the MiB talked about saving the park when Arnold tried to destroy it, or something along those lines.

So, and I'm happy to be corrected - I wasn't paying *that* much attention, it looks like MiB was there while Arnold was still alive and William doesn't visit for the first time until later, meaning they can't be the same person. Which is a shame because it was a pretty cool theory that seemed to just about work.

I can't decide if this show is brilliant or bang average. The scene with Hopkins and Harris was epic as expected. I actually thought Hopkins was sort've over-acting initially but that video linked by the jambo rocker kinda puts it in perspective a bit.