Westworld

AsimButtHitsASix

20 hours ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

It's pretty good so far and is a huge departure from the film. Roman world and Medieval world appear to have been airbrushed out and the robots have been given a lot more depth.

I'm interested to see where it goes next.

I've just finished watching it and I got the impression there may have been other 'worlds' we haven't seen yet. One of the boffins mentioned something about other storylines when the glitches started, maybe he was just referring to multiple Westworld stories though.

Shows loads of potential and wtf is going on with Ed Harris' man in black? Intriguing.

Edited by Tommy Nooka

1 minute ago, Fat Joe da Gangsta said:

Second episode is good. 

How did you watch it? For some reason I had it in my head that it was on tonight at 9pm and I was very disappointed to find out that wasn't the case.

Second episode was fantastic also.

Appreciated the man in black character a lot more now there appears to be some substance and story to his madness. Looks to be a fantastic turn from Thandie Newton but I've always liked her so dunno if I'm biased. Also I thought it started to channel a touch of 'Memento' in episode 2 in particular... upon seeing it was created by Jonathan Nolan I did a Google it turns out he was the one that pitched the original idea for Memento so I guess that explains the similarities I noticed. I've never seen the original Westworld movie though so I'm not sure if it was Memento that ripped off that in the first place. 

Can't remember the last time I was so intrigued by a show after only 2 episodes. Maybe Lost.

Absolutely loving this so far. HBO does this kind of thing so well. High production values, great acting and lovely wee touches like Black Hole Sun and No Surprises on the player piano. The Ed Harris character is so intriguing. Like he's supposed to be the Yul Brinner role, who was a robot, but seems to be human here, but maybe not, and is he really the bad guy?  Only downside for me is the wee English nyaff that writes the narratives ... if they gave out Emmy's for Most Unconvincing Swearing in a Drama ... 

7 hours ago, KingQuerrey said:

Another good episode. Girl that plays Delores is a great actress. Plays the robotic parts superbly.

Hide contents

See when that corpse tied to the tree coughed; absolutely shat myself.

Why would flies be gathering round a robot corpse?

6 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

What I'm yet to understand is, what is the point in their being any storyline going on between any of the hosts away from any guests?
Loving this show but it's a bit of a mind-f**k!

Maybe just to add to the realism of the park. Guests walk around and witness the hosts interacting with each other.

I'm loving the show but I do think the Delos park in the film looked a lot more fun to visit.