Westworld

AsimButtHitsASix

10 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

Yup, I'll need to watch that again tomorrow, too much TV in one TV show!

35 minutes ago, munro7 said:

I think I’d enjoy it more if I wasn’t quite so confused a lot of the time!

Yup, they put the same amount of content in 10 shows as TWD would take 20 to do.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Just me who thought series 2 was a complete pile of shite then?

I thought it was fine. It's a lot messier than the first season and felt a bit like they weren't sure where they were going but I enjoyed it enough. Think now that they're going out into "the real world" the show will pick up from there.

23 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

I thought it was fine. It's a lot messier than the first season and felt a bit like they weren't sure where they were going but I enjoyed it enough. Think now that they're going out into "the real world" the show will pick up from there.

Perhaps it was because I enjoyed Hopkins so much in the first series that I missed him a bit in this series, but a lot of it felt like it was written on the spot to me with no real plan of how it was going to end, hence the multiple twists and flips that take place throughout the whole thing (I enjoy a twist but it felt like every 10 minutes something was turning on its head). It felt like things were made up to help the story along.  The security guys were about as believable as the tooth fairy as well, some really bog standard casting/acting going on there.  I hope it does pick up from here but my enthusiasm for it has really gone down after this series.

One of the catch-up podcasts I listen to thought that Anthony Hopkins is just going through the motions so much that he fully expects him in season three to be standing in his jeans and a t-shirt reading from the actual script. Bit harsh, I think.

1 hour ago, Mayor Wilkins III said:

For everything else that was good about that finale, the thing that got me was the cinematography. Especially that scene where that pans in on Delos following Clementine to the valley quite early in the episode.

I liked the panoramic scenes where they were in the wee boats, first on the ravine river, then just where they were coming back to the rocky plateau shore.

Oh and I also liked the way Clementine's  tits jiggled when she was riding the horse :whistle

14 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

I liked the panoramic scenes where they were in the wee boats, first on the ravine river, then just where they were coming back to the rocky plateau shore.

Oh and I also liked the way Clementine's  tits jiggled when she was riding the horse :whistle

That covers just about everything. Well played. 

• 3 months later...
On 26/06/2018 at 11:48, The Moonster said:

Just me who thought series 2 was a complete pile of shite then?

Me too.

Really enjoyed the first but the second felt nowhere near it. Could tell there was a lot of plot planning with the first one, and it was logical, whereas this time it felt like they decided the finale, got a few different people to write some different plots on the way there, then shoved it all together, desperate to fit it in to a multi-timeline set up again.

• 3 months later...
Me too.
Really enjoyed the first but the second felt nowhere near it. Could tell there was a lot of plot planning with the first one, and it was logical, whereas this time it felt like they decided the finale, got a few different people to write some different plots on the way there, then shoved it all together, desperate to fit it in to a multi-timeline set up again.
Finally caught up with season 2 over the past few days and agree wholeheartedly. Even the fact Tony Hopkins wasn't going to be in this series yet pops up near the end hints that the people in charge didn't really know what was happening. Too much padding (very reminiscent of Lost in that sense I felt), lots of long scenes where people talk for ages but nothing happens, a strange couple of episodes about Japan and Native Americans, and a bit of a lazy way to make even more "humans" turn out to be hosts (at least the big reveal in the first series was a shock and perfectly played). Seems there will be a season 3 with Harris (but not Hopkins) and according to IMDB, Aaron Paul from Breaking Bad?

• 3 months later...