Westworld

AsimButtHitsASix

Delios owner is Delores' Dad imo. Read theories and it makes sense. In the first series he went bonkers when he found a picture of his daughter.

Would explain why they are so keen to find him. Any real person remade cannot deal with it. Like Bernard going a bit mental.

Hid Delios owner personality underneath the Abernathy personality?

Its interesting that there has been a long history of cross polination between Western movies and Ronin\Samuri movies. The old westerns, especially John Ford had a major impact on Japanese directors like Kurusawa, but his films such as Seven Samuri was directly copied to the Western as the Magnificent Seven, the influence went back to Japan and that again infulenced the likes of Tarentino.
Then here we see Western characters watching their own stories played out by Shogun era Japanese characters. Almost word for word. Was this just JJ Abrahams I would assume this is just a plot detail dropped in to appear all wacky and out there to be forgotten (see the current Star Wars trilogy for endless foreshadowed dead ends). But this has a Nolan in it, the man who cowrote Momento and the The Dark Knight. He can keep juggling multiple plot lines in the air and still pull a card trick at the end of the act. 

If you are confused then rewatching episode one knowing there are two timelines will drop a few hints about what is coming. 

Currently Abernathy is a Maguffin to motive Deloris' actions. Just like Maeve daughter. These may change. 

One can but wonder why Arnold programmed Delores\Wyatt to do his fidelity test and at what point was that deemed too much of a failure so they created Bernard? 

Edited by dorlomin

Well, I was totally wrong about Abernathy. Looks like his white brain unit is some sort of cradle or software backup for the park. This explains why it was so sought after. Now Ford is somehow inside Arnold and I guess we will see what the hosts in the water was about, although I think this is a different timeline. Quite what Delores and her crew are actually going to do by themselves on an island is beyond me. One loophole is that surely in such an advanced world governments would have stipulated that there has to be a failsafe shutdown like an emp nuke or weapons. I'm guessing that because they had to extract Abernathy and the key this wasn't an option. The rescue teams were weak as though even the badass looking Irish dude eventually.

The next trailer shows the ghost nation story. Seems like they have gained consciousness themselves like Maeve but long before and have been doing their own thing for a while.

No idea how it will all end but hoping for another's series.

Deloris is 8)
Yon lassie who was the greeting host, Angela, is fit and f**k. How the hell was Elon Musk married to her. 

Did the guy with the gun explode when she touched his boaby or was it a grenade?
[emoji38]

Just watched episode 7. That was utterly incredible from start to finish. Ozymandias is the greatest episode of television ever made, that was close to it, can’t praise it any higher than that.

No coincidence that the best episode of the season so far - and it’s been an excellent season - coincided with the return of Robert Ford, a magnificent character played to perfection by a truly remarkable actor, I could watch Hopkins sit and read the phone book.

Can’t wait to see where we go from here and how this is tied up. Westworld is fucking amazing.

17 hours ago, J_Stewart said:

Just watched episode 7. That was utterly incredible from start to finish. Ozymandias is the greatest episode of television ever made, that was close to it, can’t praise it any higher than that.

No coincidence that the best episode of the season so far - and it’s been an excellent season - coincided with the return of Robert Ford, a magnificent character played to perfection by a truly remarkable actor, I could watch Hopkins sit and read the phone book.

Can’t wait to see where we go from here and how this is tied up. Westworld is fucking amazing.

Absolutely this. I was WTF throughout. Just a remarkable hour of TV.

Ozymandias is fantastic. I have a soft spot for The Constant episode of Lost, though.