Westworld

AsimButtHitsASix

8 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Every episode I keep thinking I'll be a let down compared to what has gone before and every episode is as good, if not better, than the one that went before.

Fucking fantastic programme.

Only downside was a poor tit count tonight. In fact, I can't remember any?

Aye, annoying English dude was nowhere to be seen!

Brilliant episode, only thing wrong with it was no Ed Harris.

58 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Did Thandie Newton really do the full nude scene last week, or was it a Cersei Lannister right head but body double kinda thing?

I'm pretty sure it was Thandie Newton, she's never been shy about getting her kit off in the past.

Aye, annoying English dude was nowhere to be seen!

Brilliant episode, only thing wrong with it was no Ed Harris.

He had a cameo. To be honest, I don't mind him only being in it a bit and maintaining his air of mystery. The worst thing the show could do is tell his entire back-story and motivations within the first few episodes.

18 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Good third episode but maybe it's becoming to messed up already? I would've thought they would wait until the end of series before the robots go full banjo.

I had similar thoughts, but then I haven't heard if it's going to be a multi-season deal. Maybe it's ten episodes and done. Given its reviews, HBO probably want to milk it for all its worth, but it's hard to see where the story would go after robot banjo / unbanjo happens. There's a reason why it was a 90 minute movie.

I enjoyed episode three but maybe not quite as much as the first two. Next week looks a cracker, tho.

Actually, it looks like season two is in the pipeline so I'll just STFU as I clearly don't know what I'm talking about.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/westworld-season-2-hbo-release-pipeline-a7353541.html

Good points, perhaps the robots become self aware and it goes far beyond a theme park?

I'm guessing that it's fairly certain they start killing humans? Where does it go, like Jurrasic Park? 

"Ok sorry about the last time, you won't get killed this....oh shit"

Will still enjoy it though but for me there has to be some sense to it. No point quoting books and investigating consciousness if the overall show doesn't make any sense.

Tits, guns and robots though so will watch anyway.

I reckon future series may feature other zones like they did in the film.

Also, Arnold is gonna be alive somehow even if he has just transplanted his soul into one of the machines.

My crazy theory is that the Ed Harris character isn't the Yul Bryner one from the film. He's the human guy who ran away from Yul Bryner got older and sent crazy by the experience.

13 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

I reckon future series may feature other zones like they did in the film.

Also, Arnold is gonna be alive somehow even if he has just transplanted his soul into one of the machines.

My crazy theory is that the Ed Harris character isn't the Yul Bryner one from the film. He's the human guy who ran away from Yul Bryner got older and sent crazy by the experience.

I've been back on forth on this pretty much every time Ed Harris is on the screen. I'm not sure what the makers want us to think about him but because visually he's so like the Yul Brynner character, it's easy to assume that he's the baddie and although we're probably meant to think he's human. I wonder if he's actually the hero of the piece and a self-aware robot who has learned to become invincible and who thinks that finding the heart of the maze is how he escapes into the real world.

Just watched episode 3 last night and it was maybe the weakest of the lot so far but still decent.

I may be looking too far into this but I cant understand when it is that they do diagnostics on the hosts? It seems its done when they are "asleep" but its not been shown how they get them out the park and into the main building for diagnostics or how they get them back. For instance when Bernard is having his private chats with Dolores she's dressed but when she goes to sleep she's in her sleeping gear (obviously) so then he cant be shifting her out the park when she's asleep. Also Elsie was doing some diagnostics on Thandie Newtons character and just said to her that she would wake up in 3,2,1 so how can she wake up in the park but still be at the diagnostics lab?

ETA: Anyone else hearing a sort of robotic echo ringing through Ed Harris' character's speech? Like a subtle clue from the show?  

Edited by 11thHour

5 hours ago, 11thHour said:

Just watched episode 3 last night and it was maybe the weakest of the lot so far but still decent.

Hide contents

I may be looking too far into this but I cant understand when it is that they do diagnostics on the hosts? It seems its done when they are "asleep" but its not been shown how they get them out the park and into the main building for diagnostics or how they get them back. For instance when Bernard is having his private chats with Dolores she's dressed but when she goes to sleep she's in her sleeping gear (obviously) so then he cant be shifting her out the park when she's asleep. Also Elsie was doing some diagnostics on Thandie Newtons character and just said to her that she would wake up in 3,2,1 so how can she wake up in the park but still be at the diagnostics lab?

ETA: Anyone else hearing a sort of robotic echo ringing through Ed Harris' character's speech? Like a subtle clue from the show?  

My thoughts on your hidden comments:

Spoiler

When you see the hosts back "in the shop" getting their diagnostics checked, if they're clothed then I don't think they're actually there. Because they're robots, communication with them can be done remotely, while they're "asleep". Good example of this would be the opening scenes in Ep. 4. When they're in the shop and they're not clothed, then I think they're actually in the shop.

Anyone given any thought to this theory doing the rounds?

Spoiler

There are two timelines. The one with Logan and William happens in the past and is possibly the pre-cursor to "the terrible event" that happened 30 years ago. The timeline with the Man in Black is in the "present", and possibly the MiB is actually a future version of William. I'm in two minds about this. It seems to hold water and the showrunners do have some previous with chronological twists like this; Lost, Interstellar.