Westworld

AsimButtHitsASix

The first series was brilliant. From then on, though, they seemed to think "oh people liked the twists when the characters they thought were human turned out to be robots, let's do that forty times an episode". 

The decline was steep and, in later series, it was often borderline incomprehensible, with the story impossible to relate to as you needed to employ a team of notetakers to remember whether the characters were really themselves, robot versions of themselves, rebooted versions of their robot selves of just the physical manifestation of audience boredom.

That said, as there was only one series left, I would have liked to see if they had brought it all together and gone one out on a high. They almost certainly, definitely, wouldn't have, but even so.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

Much the same thoughts as above posts. Season 1 was absolutely incredible. Season 2 I enjoyed but by the last 2 or 3 episodes it was becoming a bit of a challenge. Season 3 and 4 for me were kind of a case of “well I’ve come this far” and sticking with it in the vein hope it all somehow came together wonderfully given how high the bar was set by Season 1. Unfortunately, it ultimately boiled down to it Season 4 being mind boggling seriously hard work and Aaron Paul being a massive downgrade from Anthony Hopkins. 

ETA: Credit where it’s due though, some tremendous performances particularly from Thandie Newton, and for me Westworld is up there with Peaky Blinders for the song choices and unique use of music.  

Edited by 8MileBU