Westworld

AsimButtHitsASix

6 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

Interesting other side to William last night.  In Season 1, in the earlier timeline, young William seemed ok, but only turned into a c**t once he decided to be a black hat.  Last night's back story, and the business direction he was trying to explain to his father in law showed that the cuntiness was always there in his psyche.

Doesnt this episodes events take place after he had become the black hat and left the park. At the end of the first season he said he was going to take over his father-in laws company and make sure it invests further in the park.

A completely different sort of episode last night, bit more measured and expositiony, filling in some of that time spent between William buying the park and becoming Ed Harris. Interesting to see outside of the park for the first time (?) and the Chinese symbols backing up the throwaway-but-not-really line from last week. Peter Mullan is a welcome addition to the cast, as is  Giancarlo Esposito although it's conceivable that neither will be around for long, particularly the latter. The present day's Man in Black story I'm finding quite dull as he plods his way through places he's already been to in season one, meeting people he's already met, on a similar metaphorical quest where the only difference is the bullets are real. Sadly, not a huge amount of Thandie Newton. One of my co-workers mentioned a theory about Bernard, more related to episode one than anything we learned last night, that I found quite interesting. I haven't gone digging on reddit or anything yet as I'd quite like any surprise to be more, well, surprising that the multiple timeline stuff from last year.

Apart from a fleeting glimpse during the scene when all the hosts were frozen and Peter Mullan was introduced, where the feck has Armistice (snake tattoo woman) gone? She was centre stage at the end of the last series but hasn't really been seen since.

6 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Apart from a fleeting glimpse during the scene when all the hosts were frozen and Peter Mullan was introduced, where the feck has Armistice (snake tattoo woman) gone? She was centre stage at the end of the last series but hasn't really been seen since.

Was she not last seen with her arm caught in the closed security door, in the last series?

5 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
1 hour ago, Boghead ranter said:
Was she not last seen with her arm caught in the closed security door, in the last series?

Which IIRC she was hacking off herself so she could carry on her purge of the staff.

I couldn't remember if she'd got that far either, tbh.

I love this show, but the sheer stupidity of the raid on the fort made me hate it a little bit. That said, I enjoyed the Raj World wifey stuff (Katja Herbers = total wid) and the Maeve stuff, as usual, was interesting. 

Couple of questions

Why did Delores let the troops get slaughtered? To bring them back to life again and get total obedience? What's with the rag tag bunch of guys with masks who locked them out?

Delores told Bernard that he had never been out of the park when he showed her his house. Are we to assume that Delores understands that Bernard is a copy and that the original Bernard was obviously real when showing Delores around? Why would she say this though?

Is there at least three parks? Indian one, Westworld and Japanese? Could it be North, East, South and West?

Enjoyed the episode but like others I did lose interest with the daft gunfight.

2 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Couple of questions

Why did Delores let the troops get slaughtered? To bring them back to life again and get total obedience? What's with the rag tag bunch of guys with masks who locked them out?

Delores told Bernard that he had never been out of the park when he showed her his house. Are we to assume that Delores understands that Bernard is a copy and that the original Bernard was obviously real when showing Delores around? Why would she say this though?

Is there at least three parks? Indian one, Westworld and Japanese? Could it be North, East, South and West?

Enjoyed the episode but like others I did lose interest with the daft gunfight.

Not all hosts deserve to get to the great beyond, apparently. They were just a means to an end. And I think she must know the difference between Bernard and Arnold, especially as she’s the one who killed Arnold. 

There's a difference between Bernard and Arnold, right? Arnold was the visionary, Bernard was essentially a senior tech, and despite looking like each other they were different "characters". So Bernard in S1 was entirely stable because he was just a special kind of the tried and tested host. Now, in S2, in one of the timelines, in the one where he wakes on the beach, he's no longer Bernard, he's Arnold. Is that the thinking? If so, once we'd seen the wee eggs get taken out of a host and so could assume that the wee eggs could be swapped and put back in, I had assumed that Bernard was Teddy, but this makes more sense and is more interesting. If this is the case, though, then it's looking pretty bad for poor Teddy.

1 minute ago, Boghead ranter said:

That was fucking amazingthis week I thought. Couple of good reveals in there. Peter Mullan's dancing :lol:

Agreed. The Mullan dancing was brilliant.

No difference between Bernard and Arnold except Arnold was 'real'. Nobody except Ford new that Bernard was a host.

There's a difference between Bernard and Arnold, right? Arnold was the visionary, Bernard was essentially a senior tech, and despite looking like each other they were different "characters". So Bernard in S1 was entirely stable because he was just a special kind of the tried and tested host. Now, in S2, in one of the timelines, in the one where he wakes on the beach, he's no longer Bernard, he's Arnold. Is that the thinking? If so, once we'd seen the wee eggs get taken out of a host and so could assume that the wee eggs could be swapped and put back in, I had assumed that Bernard was Teddy, but this makes more sense and is more interesting. If this is the case, though, then it's looking pretty bad for poor Teddy.

Edited to add: I see what you mean as he thought he was bernard and not Arnold.