Brora Rangers v Montrose, Play Off 1st Leg

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate teams from the highlands don't like seeing ICT or Elgin doin well, so don't want these nobody's in the league either.

What a strange lot, you Clyde fans are, you dislike highlanders and there many Clyde fans who don't like the fact that, Angus has 4 league clubs, bizarre

What a strange lot, you Clyde fans are, you dislike highlanders and there many Clyde fans who don't like the fact that, Angus has 4 league clubs, bizarre

Not just Clyde fans. A lot of fans from clubs in the central belt have the same attitude.

If they had there way we would be playing as Angus FC so more 'Ambituous' clubs could move up the leagues.

They get frightened if they have to travel more 20 miles to an away game

Don't have an axe to grind with either club and am yet to visit either, but as a supporter of club that is considered geographically remote in our league by many, I fail to see this as a reason to want to exclude a club. If they win promotion on the field of play fair and square, then they deserve it and should be welcomed. After all, it will be them that does by far the most miles on the road, not a team that has to go there twice a season.

If they have said they don't want to go up then I assume they will lose anyway, but if they win, that's no longer a reason to have a go at them as they will have been honest and taken their place in the league because that's what the rules require them to do, if anything they should be more respected for that as they could have just kept their mouths shut and thrown a play off game.

What I really want to know, is if Montrose do go down, which league will they go into. I assume it would be the highland as the lowland league is full and they are further North than every team in it?

Its not even that far lads ;)

I have done Sunderland to Swansea this season at 702 miles round trip and Sunderland to Southampton at 660 miles round trip. The longest trip I can find in Scotland at the moment is Stranraer to Peterhead at 528 miles and I doubt Brora to anywhere gets close to those two trips I did.

Sunderland to Plymouth Argyle is 812 miles round trip.

I realise we benefit from better roads once we get down to the places down south deemed important enough to have motorways, but don't normally hit one of those for about 50 miles.

Re the travelling ourselves and Newcastle do something like three times the miles on the road each season than the likes of Stoke or Aston Villa and the London clubs are protected by the amount of local derbies, yet whenever a Southern club comes up here they get praised as its 'such a long way'. In contrast when we go to London 5 times a season and sell out, we are not praised. Its clearly further when travelling North than going South ^_^

What I really want to know, is if Montrose do go down, which league will they go into. I assume it would be the highland as the lowland league is full and they are further North than every team in it?

If only this had been covered already...

It's the HL btw, as it will be for any team north of the Tay. Nothing to do with the LL being full(it isn't either) or the fact they would be swapping with Brora.

I am very pro-pyramid so I should want Brora to win, but their chairman has annoyed me with his comments about wanting to stay in the HFL, so I am leaning towards Montrose, have been there and a good set of lads!

If only this had been covered already...

It's the HL btw, as it will be for any team north of the Tay. Nothing to do with the LL being full(it isn't either) or the fact they would be swapping with Brora.

Cheers for that. Apologies if its been done to death but I only get on here now and again.

If Brora go up then my challenge to complete the 42 Scottish league grounds gets a fair bit harder, but it could change every year from now on and may become a moving target. I am losing one of the 92 in England with Tranmere going down and unless Grimsby come up in the play offs, I won't get one back.

I am very pro-pyramid so I should want Brora to win, but their chairman has annoyed me with his comments about wanting to stay in the HFL, so I am leaning towards Montrose, have been there and a good set of lads!

The pyramid will only survive and gain credibility if clubs take the step up and thrive. As I said we had a fair few clubs blocked down here due to ground grading issues when the automatic promotion was first introduced but its not happened for years now and is unlikely to anytime soon due to the strength of the clubs now in the conference. Next season it could be as many as 16 sides out of 24 in the conference that are ex football league, with Barrow getting promoted.

Come on the Mo. Montrose is one of my favourite away days. Would hate to see you go down. Get right in about them from the kick off. Brora dont want to be in the league if reports are to be believed. Best of luck to you.

It'd be nice to have a Scottish Rangers in the SPFL :whistle

Not bothered who ends up in the league.

May the best team win.

East Fife have been a bogey team for Montrose for decades so that should be borne in mind.

They beat us four times in a row this season and we conceded 13 against them in those games, scoring precisely none.

However, the last of those games was in late March before our recent upturn in form. I suspect we will be slightly more motivated for a sudden death play off like this, too.

Archived