Brora Rangers v Montrose, Play Off 1st Leg

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best of luck to Montrose in the playoffs against Bora, it will be tough but Mo to edge it over the 2 legs. As an Albion fan I hope you do it rather travel to Montrose than go on a trek to Bora, think I speak for most League 2 supporters who go to away games.

Not sure whether or not Brora still have the Tokely/Munro central defensive partnership, but if Montrose play a/some pacey player(s) up top then you'll get some joy out of them, as we did last year in the cup. Tough one to call over two legs but I'd say Brora (if they actually go out to win the tie) have the slight edge. Would rather Montrose stayed in the division.

Munro will be playing, was absent from the second City game because of his parents 40th wedding anniversary :huh:, and says he'll leave the club if they get promoted as he'll be 35 and wants to concentrate on his 9-5 job. Might look for another HL club though. Tokely's been away working in Angola for the last few months, even if he comes back for the Montrose games he won't be match fit.

The way the league as gone this year it could have been anyone from 6 teams ended up in this play off. A piece of history could Montrose become the first ever Scottish club to be relegated from the Scottish league?

It is, however, an awake up call to all the big coats in the 2nd division boardrooms, no longer can you take the food, hospitality and annual trips to the boardroom in Hampden without investing in your club. There by the grace of God………….

Can't see anything other than a Brora win over the 2 legs. Montrose have been really poor all season (worse than us which is saying something!) and I can't see them turning it around against a team that's went unbeaten in the league all this season.

I'd like Brora to win for 2 reasons; It'll be good to see the pyramid in it's full glory with promotion and relegation, and for the ICT factor in the Brora squad.

I hate teams from the highlands don't like seeing ICT or Elgin doin well, so don't want these nobody's in the league either.

That's just a weegies hatred towards teuchters or a typical Clyde fans view but without the swearing

Right heres my take ... up till now if any team finishes bottom they deserve to go down and a team who finishes top deserve to go up....

Well done ross county and ICT & all that but Elgin and even peterhead to an extent havent really finished anywhere close to where their playing budget should have taken em,Another highland league team wont improve scottish football or its crowds & incomes...

Personally hope montrose do stay up for location & all o above, Before any highland cow lover gets their udders in a twist..No i dont have the answer to move forward from now on in but theres plenty of folk on very good coin who should & let em come up wae answer,Perhaps not playing each other four times a season would do for starts.

Archived