Brora Rangers v Montrose, Play Off 1st Leg

In High Dudgeon: Brora away

Really don't know what to make of Saturday's game. Brora have a really good squad and it will be very hard up there.

I just hope the gameplan isn't to go and play for a 0-0 as we could end up shellacked if that is the way we are thinking.

Predict a tight game and all still to play for at Links park the follow weekend. And a felled rainforest of patronising articles in the newspapers up to kick-off.

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Torn on this, I would like a club get promoted in the first year of the pyramid, but I don't wish success on brora given their behaviour, but that would mean they would get their wish of remaining HL. Probably edging towards brora but not by much.

Good luck to Brora. Not that I like them, but I would like them out the Highland League so we could see a more competitive league again. Been a boring procession in the last two seasons, unlike the previous few before that.

If Montrose lose they'll be bust within 3 years. If Brora win they'll be in a division they don't want to be in. If Montrose win, they'll be in a league that they have never shown any ambition of winning. If Brora lose, they'll piss the division again next year and it'll be square one in 12 months time.

Both teams should do the honourable thing and resign, leaving Edinburgh City to come up.

Not sure whether or not Brora still have the Tokely/Munro central defensive partnership, but if Montrose play a/some pacey player(s) up top then you'll get some joy out of them, as we did last year in the cup. Tough one to call over two legs but I'd say Brora (if they actually go out to win the tie) have the slight edge. Would rather Montrose stayed in the division.

Thanks to our well wishers above - much appreciated. Ok we've not set the heather on fire for a while but I think the situation we are in right now is bound to happen to somebody else (unless we stay up and it's us again) next year and only then will you really know how it feels - you never know it might even be Berwick!

To some extent though the pyramid system has worked so far in that it has made several clubs get their backsides into gear when they hovered near the trapdoor position. In other seasons that might not have happened.

Hope to see you again next year but whatever happens some of us, me anyway, will still support our club.

Clyde beat Brora last season and second place Turriff this season, both over hyped.

Montrose don't add anything to the league, I hate goin up there but would rather them than another Highland team, cmon the Mo

Archived