West Region summer transfer thread 2015

glensmad

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wasn't really sure whether to post this but I'm trying to get back into football again after having a couple of seasons out (mainly due to work) and I've found that it's quite hard just to get teams to look at you. I've had a few asking me to go along for pre season which is great but I've noticed that some of them have already signed pretty much a full squad and it's a wee bit off putting knowing that you'd probably struggle for a game since the manager already has his guys signed before pre season even starts.

Nature of the business I suppose.

I know a few other guys (good players) in the same boat as me as well so it's not just a one off.

I know I'd get a junior team, that's not my main issue. I was just saying that for guys like me who've been out of the game a while it's difficult because most clubs already have a lot of players lined up before pre season even starts. So joining a team where the manager already has his own ideas etc and trying to break into the starting 11 is difficult.

I know I'd get a junior team, that's not my main issue. I was just saying that for guys like me who've been out of the game a while it's difficult because most clubs already have a lot of players lined up before pre season even starts. So joining a team where the manager already has his own ideas etc and trying to break into the starting 11 is difficult.

So you are just on to moan?

Buffs sign Gary McDonald ? Great experience !

This is a major coup for the buffs it really is .

Ex killie and Aberdeen midfielder and if it's the same guy I'm thinking of then he's a Kilwinning boy which may have helped secure it.

If his legs are still there then it's a great signing .

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril COTM

So you are just on to moan?

It's one of my strong points :)

Was just saying that it isn't easy to get back into the game when you've been out of it a while that's all.

It's one of my strong points :)

Was just saying that it isn't easy to get back into the game when you've been out of it a while that's all.

Well go on trial somewhere like many other have to do and show teams why they should sign you.

Wasn't really sure whether to post this but I'm trying to get back into football again after having a couple of seasons out (mainly due to work) and I've found that it's quite hard just to get teams to look at you. I've had a few asking me to go along for pre season which is great but I've noticed that some of them have already signed pretty much a full squad and it's a wee bit off putting knowing that you'd probably struggle for a game since the manager already has his guys signed before pre season even starts.

I know a few other guys (good players) in the same boat as me as well so it's not just a one off.

PM me if you (and any of your mates) would consider amateur mate.

We play in a good amateur league and have a decent setup as well.

Cheers

If you fancy doing pre-season at Shotts, I can pass your details on to the Manager just pm me.

Archived