West Region summer transfer thread 2015

glensmad

Retrograde step and no mistake. What the hell does he bring to the table this time round? Apart from moaning. Great servant in previous times at Abbey park BUT not again please we do NOT need an ageing overweight striker that is for sure. ADL for one last season for you Cashy boy. It's better to face facts than dwell on the past.

TADGER

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Retrograde step and no mistake. What the hell does he bring to the table this time round? Apart from moaning. Great servant in previous times at Abbey park BUT not again please we do NOT need an ageing overweight striker that is for sure. ADL for one last season for you Cashy boy. It's better to face facts than dwell on the past.

away and get a grip you fud!!!! Every post is negative and slaughtering players. You must be or have been some player. Cashy is a goal scorer and takes experience and knowledge of what its all about to play for kilwinning. He's a legend and still a top player

Constructive criticism, sir. That's what it's called. Never heard of it in deepest Lanarkshire?

Think that's harsh .

️Cashy has scored goals everywhere he's been and I'm sure he will continue to do so .

Also a good guy in life and I'm sure he will more than play his part in improving what's looking like a good buffs side .

So we just hail EVERY signing no matter what? Really? Naw, don't think so.

Cashy is proven and quality. You my sir are a nugget. Criticism towards Cashy is terrible. Grow up and get a grip. The guy has scored goals everywhere. PENIS

Greenock have signed Ex Largs midfielder Steve Kyle, teaming up with ex team mate Euan Lindsay.

Stevie missed second half of the season with a string of injuries.

He has been quoted as saying

"I just can't wait to play at Wavenscraig in those famous wed stwips."

All the best to Stevie.

Cashy brings goals & experience, and as far as I'm aware has been working hard on his fitness & weight, I'd much rather have him in our team than playing against us

I disagree there. Cashy may no be the fastest out there but by f**k if ye give him the ball in the box he will more often than not put it away. His experience is second to none and is a crackin guy into the bargain. If you don't think a guy like that is worth havin then yer a madman. And to be honest, reading your posts, a bit of a w⚓

It seems saladnorangejuice has gone into hiding after his Paul Coyle calamity, lol. ;-) I may be mistaking him for another poster, but I'm sure he told us that Paul Burns would be joining Glencairn as well. That raised an eyebrow or two at our end. ;-)

I disagree there. Cashy may no be the fastest out there but by f**k if ye give him the ball in the box he will more often than not put it away. His experience is second to none and is a crackin guy into the bargain. If you don't think a guy like that is worth havin then yer a madman. And to be honest, reading your posts, a bit of a w⚓

I have to agree with you, goal scorer and a good guy but if that's the case why let him go ?

It seems saladnorangejuice has gone into hiding after his Paul Coyle calamity, lol. ;-) I may be mistaking him for another poster, but I'm sure he told us that Paul Burns would be joining Glencairn as well. That raised an eyebrow or two at our end. ;-)

Apologies Peter and Douglas, after Paul coyle I had to have words with certain people! However here's a few!

Stewart Thomson Carluke to Larkhall

Ross McGeachie Larkhall to Wishaw

Kevin Hamill Wishaw to Forth

Remember salad and orange juice is always better for you!

Thanks for that, chief! Anyway, I'm in total agreement he's a decent guy. But that doesn't mean he's the right type of signing now, surely? The Buffs last season were all about pace and movement up front. Are we ditching that philosophy so quickly?

Look, if he's signed, so be it. Wish him well. But a) it's all about opinions and b) he has to cut out the constant berating of officials which along with similar behaviour from Miller, under GG, was Buffs downfall more often than not. That was eradicated last season and all the better for it too.

I have to agree with you, goal scorer and a good guy but if that's the case why let him go ?

Maybe he was out of contract and chose to go, he never wanted to leave the buffs in the first place. Cashy has blue and white blood flowing through him!!!

If he reads this then I wish him all the best and bangs in the goals that gives the buffs a healthy position in the league

Hearing larkhall have signed paul burns formally of camby rangers and gary mcstay from shotts 2 gd experienced players for that level

As far as I know these are done deals as is Stewart Thomson from Carluke. Apparently bringing in an experienced striker as well and have resigned 11 players from last season. Things are looking good so far for next season at Gasworks Park.

I saw Cambuslang announcing a few signings last night, including a Paul McLaughlin. Is that the same one who has recently been at Vale of Clyde, previously with Irvine Meadow, Petershill and Glencairn ?

Good to see Barry Grant getting a shot at the juniors again after a terrible leg break for our under 21s a few years ago. He was a talent when he was breaking through with us, hope things work out for him.

Maybe he was out of contract and chose to go, he never wanted to leave the buffs in the first place. Cashy has blue and white blood flowing through him!!!

If he reads this then I wish him all the best and bangs in the goals that gives the buffs a healthy position in the league

That's exactly it. I honestly think that him moving to winton saved the buffs from disaster. Much needed cash boost at a time when things weren't looking too good. Now he's got a chance to get his 5 goals for the ton and possibly finish his career at his team. Surely what any player wants? Maybe young strain has an eye on him doin coaching, who knows.

Archived