West Region summer transfer thread 2015

glensmad

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Queens Park appear on the Junior chat regularly - to me they seem to hoover up Juniors who have some ambition to play 'at a higher level' then just as quickly - for most - spit them back out into the Juniors. They seem serial 'users' of the transfer system - am I wrong to read it this way?

Fair assessment. They do have their best players stepping further up to full time football to be fair for example Darren Miller from us now at Dumbarton. Some Junior players come back as don't fancy travelling and paid a semi decent amount at Junior compared to Queens Park where just limited travelling expenses for 2 nights training plus treks to Elgin, Peterhead, Berwick etc throughout the season.

You must be new captain at Maryhill Paul? Any more Port boys joining you?

Why would i be ? Maryhill had a great season last year and were really unlucky not to go up, and have a great bunch of boys there including a couple of fantastic leaders. Im jst looking forward to getting back enjoying my football and hopefully do enough to even get in the team never mind even thinking about the captaincy. Not sure about anyone else from Port Glasgow but would never say never mate.

Annbank have signed Scott McNamara(Lugar), Conner Simpson(Glenburn) and George Wallace(Whitletts)

Johnny Baille took the first Pre Season session at New Pebble Park last night and it was well attended by 22 players, still a few to come back from holidays etc

Glencairn finished 5th and are an average team tbh. If I were a Cumnock fan I certainly wouldn't be wanting Glencairn players to be the marquee signings that is all. Cumnock are a big club who pay big wages, they should be able to attract better players.

Don't see anything wrong with signing players from 'average' teams as long as the players are good enough. Did Talbot not sign Andy Leishman and Dwayne Hislop from Ayrshire District clubs?

Don't see anything wrong with signing players from 'average' teams as long as the players are good enough. Did Talbot not sign Andy Leishman and Dwayne Hislop from Ayrshire District clubs?

That's what I was going to say. I remember a similar chat going on about how Gormley didn't perform at KRR but look what he did at Beechwood. it's all about getting the best from players and Tucker is the master at that.

As for Cumnock, I admire them for holding on to their manager. Out of character but the right move.

according to evening times Jamie Lyden To Greenock

Correct, Jamie signed Tuesday i beileve and also signed Euan Lindsay from Largs

Any more signings will be on club website once confirmed

Correct, Jamie signed Tuesday i beileve and also signed Euan Lindsay from Largs

Any more signings will be on club website once confirmed

Always rated Jamie, played more good than bad games for Arthurlie, young boy but gives 100% always and I mean that regards traveling from Edinburgh to Barrhead midweek to training, to top that he's an absolute gent and awfa clever!

Hope it works out for him there as I think he has a good future ahead!

Hearing Ian Cashmore signed for Kilwinning Rangers

Retrograde step and no mistake. What the hell does he bring to the table this time round? Apart from moaning. Great servant in previous times at Abbey park BUT not again please we do NOT need an ageing overweight striker that is for sure. ADL for one last season for you Cashy boy. It's better to face facts than dwell on the past.

Retrograde step and no mistake. What the hell does he bring to the table this time round? Apart from moaning. Great servant in previous times at Abbey park BUT not again please we do NOT need an ageing overweight striker that is for sure. ADL for one last season for you Cashy boy. It's better to face facts than dwell on the past.

away and get a grip you fud!!!! Every post is negative and slaughtering players. You must be or have been some player. Cashy is a goal scorer and takes experience and knowledge of what its all about to play for kilwinning. He's a legend and still a top player

away and get a grip you fud!!!! Every post is negative and slaughtering players. You must be or have been some player. Cashy is a goal scorer and takes experience and knowledge of what its all about to play for kilwinning. He's a legend and still a top player

Lone wolf you are a complete tadger

Archived