West Region summer transfer thread 2015

glensmad

Think you are pushing it a bit saying glens could easily have went up!

To be honest they are all decent signings, Cumnock are no longer one of the big handful of teams in junior football even west region football.

coming from a rob Roy fan who have about 20 fans probably even less now they've no park or social club

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

coming from a rob Roy fan who have about 20 fans probably even less now they've no park or social club

That's the reality of it for Cumnock now.

And for your information we run a bus to every home and away game, have a well run supporters club and took good support to every away game this season, people have rallied round and supported the club brilliantly. Try get your facts right.

Ayr Victoria has a dislike of all things Glencairn for some unknown reason, he wastes very few opportunities to talk down anything and anyone to do with us, so his comments (while making me chuckle at their predictable nature) are of no concern to us, in the same manner that his own team are a total irrelevance to me.

Think you are pushing it a bit saying glens could easily have went up!

To be honest they are all decent signings, Cumnock are no longer one of the big handful of teams in junior football even west region football.

Ok could have gone up. The point was that there wasn't much in it. Cumnock like Glencairn have to find a formula to get them up to the next division. Never an easy feat no matter what division your club is in.

That's the reality of it for Cumnock now.

And for your information we run a bus to every home and away game, have a well run supporters club and took good support to every away game this season, people have rallied round and supported the club brilliantly. Try get your facts right.

the reality of it for cumnock is we've still got the same wage bill as last year got a good commitee good sponsors and a brand new state 3G pitch currently on the process of being build so things are looking good off the pitch and I'm pretty sure John will get it right on the pitch this season aswell

Glencairn finished 5th and are an average team tbh. If I were a Cumnock fan I certainly wouldn't be wanting Glencairn players to be the marquee signings that is all. Cumnock are a big club who pay big wages, they should be able to attract better players.

so just because glencairn finished 5th doesn't mean to say they haven't any good players..... 2 players don't make a team

and also with you reckoning Talbot`s gonna struggle next season as they have taken love off our hands ??? from a team that got relegated last season

I am saying you are still a good club just not the giant you once were and in turn you are going to be bringing in more and more guys younger from lower leagues with good potential rather than the bigger names from years gone by.

You were 21 points behind first, 14 behind second, 10 behind third. A fair bit in it do you not agree?

It was the run of 1 point out 15 around the turn of the year that killed us for promotion. Games we should have won, to be fair. In the 6 games against the promoted sides, we only lost once, so we were certainly capable of mixing it at the top end of the table, but our mid season slump was our downfall.

I am saying you are still a good club just not the giant you once were and in turn you are going to be bringing in more and more guys younger from lower leagues with good potential rather than the bigger names from years gone by.

to be honest rrg I would rather go for young hungry guys than go for big names who are just after the cash and yes we may not be the team that we once were on the park but I'm sure we will be back to where we belong in the top division soon enough

to be honest rrg I would rather go for young hungry guys than go for big names who are just after the cash and yes we may not be the team that we once were on the park but I'm sure we will be back to where we belong in the top division soon enough

correct with your first part of your post,this is the way forward,we need to bring the hunger back to toonheed,players that want to play for us not just for the money.the last part is nonsence,no team belongs in the top division you earn the right to be there,we were p--h last season and thats why we are where we are now,the manager must be given time.

Queens Park appear on the Junior chat regularly - to me they seem to hoover up Juniors who have some ambition to play 'at a higher level' then just as quickly - for most - spit them back out into the Juniors. They seem serial 'users' of the transfer system - am I wrong to read it this way?

Queens Park appear on the Junior chat regularly - to me they seem to hoover up Juniors who have some ambition to play 'at a higher level' then just as quickly - for most - spit them back out into the Juniors. They seem serial 'users' of the transfer system - am I wrong to read it this way?

Entirely correct for me .

Maybe they use Hampden as a sweetener but for a club who always play the amateur club card they dont half plunder junior football .

Archived